[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 1

[Normal POV]

It is a sunny day and it is dry as ever. Only few trees were planted over the year in the village of Archen Hannes. At least, from being completely dry, lifeless, and barren, Archen Hannes is slowly coming back to life.

A small civilization has started in the slowly progressing village. Small cottages were built up, the soil was cultivated, crops were planted, animals were bred, electricity was organically produced, and the water ways were constructed. A few geniuses and workers found a way to connect their pipes on a clear river and find a single hole large enough to bury their wastes for several decades.

Having built a small community, the place is an anarchy. No one claims to be the leader and the citizens refused to group in with the neighboring villages. No wait - the neighboring villages, the nearest is one-eighth of a kilometer away. Archen Hannes is far from the world of modern civilization. The citizens choose to live in a rural community to preserve the early existence they preserved before the area was left to rot. The only connection they have to the modern world is the train that left (F/n) in the place.

As early as 5 in the morning, the roosters serve as their alarm. They all wake up and start their day. They do everything the old and manual ways so they have all day to enjoy just to make their living.

Archen Hannes is a very peaceful village, except for one thing – the bandits and looters would often attack the citizens not only because of the treasure they brought along with them in the past, or the weak security they have, but because of the legend that existed in the village that was told in generations. The village once died and the looters attack stopped. Now that the village was brought back to life, the attacks resumed.

The village holds the legendary strength and determination beyond any human can possess on their own. The bandits believe that by acquiring it, they will have the strength over the average so that they could make their living every day. After that, they will rebel against the government to compensate their tragedy. No matter how impossible it is, their minds have been poisoned to think that they really have the power to do so or they could acquire the power to do as they wish one day. And the first step to accomplishing their mission is attacking Archen Hannes until they're finally able to steal that power. But up until now, that never happened.

-- MEANWHILE –

"Aaron, hurry up! You'll miss it!" A young girl happily shouted to her cousin while running towards a mango tree to climb up on it.

"Wait up!" Aaron shouted back as he tried to catch up with her sprint.

The young girl hurriedly climbed up the tree and had her last chance to peek on the aircraft before it crossed the borders. "So beautiful," she mumbled to herself. "One day, I want to fly something like that."

Aaron finally caught up to her, panting in front of the tree. "You're so fast, Malana. You know I'll never catch up to you."

Malana climbed down the tree, placed her hands on her waist, and frowned at Aaron. "Geez. You're no match for me. I thought you also want to see the aircraft fly."

"Huh? Is that it?" Aaron asked curiously, now straightening his spine and recovering from his run.

"Why?" Malana tilted her head to the right.

Aaron pouted at her. "You never told me it was the aircraft! You just suddenly start running and told me to catch up. I haven't prepared myself to run." He paused for a bit. "If you have told me, I could have run faster than you."

Malana smiled a little. "That's why I don't want to tell you... because I know you'll be like that. I won't lose to you."

"You really love competitions, don't you, Malana?" Aaron inquired. "You even cheated!"