[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 19

[Shizuo's POV]

'What am I to you?' (F/n)'s voice echoed loudly into my head as I unconsciously stiffened. I let go of her forehead.

What is she to me? Now that I think about it, I've never given it much thought before. The (F/n) back then is a real pain in the ass. She is bold enough to claim herself as my girlfriend, but right now, she's too shy to even look me in the eyes. What happened in the past year?

After I rescued (F/n), she said she was going to leave and the look in her eyes dictate that she's unstoppable. I am confused myself when I saved my own killer. Making her owe me her life? What a joke! I couldn't believe I thought that of her! I'm sounding like that flea bastard and I hate it!

But now, it's all wasted. (F/n) forgot about everything, which is probably a good thing. That's right, she forgot about everything. I couldn't explain the sadness and the emptiness I feel. (F/n) brought with her a part of my soul. She put a hole on my heart. Even though she's returned and she's now in front of me, within my reach, my longing for her won't just vanish. Dammit!

I slowly raised my icy cold hand, trembling as I reach for her cheek. But before I could touch her skin, she snapped at her trance.

"I'm very sorry I asked that," she said, bowing down really low at me, feeling embarrassed, not knowing I'm embarrassed just as she was. "Please forget I asked that."

I smiled at her. "Come on," I said, taking the lead and lending her my hand so she can hold on. "There's still a lot of time before the main event starts. We should be looking around."

"Yeah!" She said with a happy smile, brimming with light. I feel a pain in my chest, yet I won't deny that her smile made my heart flutter.

-

[Aoba's POV]

I can't believe it! Why am I part of this festival?! I'm not a good fighter! "That is why, will you stop following me around?!" I scold the people behind me as I glared at them as if I'm throwing daggers.

"But, boss. We wanted to be with you and see you fight. We can't have you injured before that," Neko explained.

"It is your fault why I have to fight!" I exclaimed angrily. I just can't help but lose my cool. That is right! The Blue Squares gang set me up to fight for this festival. They kept saying how a great leader I am and I have their respects, but they want to see me fight in action. Not that I care either way, but they are so persistent.

"Please don't get angry with us, boss," Neko begged.

I sigh as I try to look for a chance to get away with the team. I also want the bounty, so I can just join the fight and minimize fighting and just exhaust my opponents. Doing something for the Blue Squares is also not a bad idea. The only things they did that I didn't want are two... Firstly, they registered me without my permission. Secondly, they are sticking close to me in a public space and I can't go wherever I want to go alone.

Finally, I thought of a great idea. "Look!" I said as I pointed to a distant space. "There are cats fighting!"

"Where?" Neko asked as he ran to that place. Everyone else went with him and I had my chance to escape.

Right now, I'm just walking randomly within the event areas, hoping that I won't bump into my gang and that they won't find me. Also, I noticed that there are plenty of lower gang men involved in this fighting event. The register line is winding with so many people. I looked at my watch; it's an hour and half before the holding off time. I might as well wander some more.