This World is Big Enough (Matt X Outgoing! Reader)

❤Valentines Day Special❤

Matt's POV

  It was a cold, late winter day. The wind whipped at my fiery ginger hair and green over-coat. The blast of air against my skin was cold enough to be painful, so I gritted my teeth together. I clutched the hood of my purple hoodie, and pulled it upwards as I left the house. It was my day to walk Edd's cat, Ringo. He was always a very outdoorsy cat. I took the leash in my hand and listened as Ringo's mewls grew louder.

  I looked down at the dark gray tabby, who was staring at something - or someone - across the road. I looked up and stared across the icy street. It was surprising there was ice, yet no snow. Sure, there where small flurries, yet only that. Never mind that, I saw a woman standing across the street, dragging herself along the block. Yet, before she could get to where she was going, she collapsed, and held onto herself from the cold. I gasped and ran towards her. I helped her up, and made sure she was safe on her feet.

  "Are you okay, ma'am?" I asked politely. She looked up at me and smiled kindly. I don't know why, but my heart was set on fire. Her warm (E/C) eyes seared into mine, and her (S/C) skin seemed very cold at the mere touch. I must be very warm from the blush I could feel across my cheeks. Her giggle snapped me out of it, and I blinked in surprise.

  "You're weird," she giggled. "I'm fine, thank you. I'm just.... really cold.." Then, I noticed why. She was wearing only a hoodie over her figure, and jeans that clung to her legs.

  "No wonder. Can I walk you back to your house? In case you fall again?" I asked. She nodded, and let me walk her back. We walked along the street, until I remembered Ringo. Well, I didn't remember. This woman reminded me.

  "Who's this?" she asked, looking down at Ringo. He was playing along with me, thinking I was just walking him. I rubbed the back of my neck with my free hand, and smiled sheepishly.

  "That's my friend's cat, Ringo. He likes to go for walks. I was about to take him on one when I saw you fall," I explained. She smiled and nodded. She looked straight ahead, yet continued to talk.

  "So, what's your name?" she asked.

  "My name's Matt. Matt Hargreaves," I boasted proudly. She giggled, and looked back at me.

  "Polite. I like that. I'm (Y/N)," she introduced herself, yet then began speaking in a funny tone. "(Y/N) (L/N)." I burst out laughing, and she followed. I even heard Ringo meow in laughter. Once our laughter was done, we reached her house.

  "Well, bye, (Y/N)," I called as I walked away.

  "Bye, Matt," (Y/N) replied simply, and walked inside her house. I smiled lightly, and walked back home. On the way, I felt cold hands press against my back and push me to the frozen ground. I seethed in pain as I tried to get up, yet fell. Laughing followed, and I tried to scream, yet it hurt too much.

  "Pathetic!" screamed an unfamiliar voice. "I thought that a ginger would fight back!" I looked up and examined his black hair and slightly pale skin, which was nearly completely covered in Nike clothes. I bit my lip, until he collapsed to the ground too. As he fell, I saw (Y/N) burning with rage above him.

  "Never treat him with such disrespect, you filthy scum!" she yelled. I blushed lightly as she panted from the run she must have obviously ensured to catch up. (Y/N) helped me up, and I stared at her.

  "How did you know he was gonna push me?" I asked. She looked at me, and smiled. My heart melted instantly.

  "I didn't. I wanted to know your number, so we can talk more!" she answered. I smirked, and input my number in her phone. As I handed her phone back, she lept up and hugged me. I hugged her back, and nuzzled my face into her warm neck. I felt her begin to blush, and my face grew red as well.

  "Thank you," I whispered. (Y/N) patted my back, and giggled.

  "You're welcome. Now you owe me a date," she flirted. I blushed harder and chuckled as we pulled apart.

  "Really, then? Well, see you at... oh, I dunno, 7:00 p.m. on Saturday?"

  "Purr-fect," she teased, her pun reminding me to take Ringo back home.

  "Bye, (Y/N)!" I called as she walked away. She smiled, and my grin grew.

  "Bye, Matt!" She yelled before the foggy flurry smothered her from sight. I sighed, and walked back home with only our date on my mind, and a single thought.

  She's amazing...