Spit or Swallow (Winged! Eduardo X Winged! Reader)

(This is SFW. It's a play on words.)

(Art by PrinceOfMints/Zachary Jack

(Art by PrinceOfMints/Zachary Jack.)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The warm, early summer day was beating down on my back as I mowed the lawn. Unfortunately, it was my turn to do the yard work. Praise the Lord for my luck, Eduardo sat in a lawn chair by the door, a small cooler full of ice and canned or bottled drinks inside. I believe it had lemonade and diet Cola. Everytime it got too hot for me, he would call me over with a crude command and then order me to get something cold to drink and relax beside him. Well, the brashness of Eduardo's demeanor wasn't all that pleasing, but the fact he cared, enough to get me a second lawn chair, was enough to keep me content.

  "Feather brain, get your lemonade, or I'll just let you have a heat stroke," he softly growls, but it was affectionate.

  "Gee, thanks, feather duster," I groan sarcastically. The heat was affecting my emotions and my temper, because as soon as I was out of the sun, I ran my hand through Eduardo's mop of sweaty hair and flopped beside him in the lawn chair. I let out a deep sigh as I popped open a bottle of lemonade. Eduardo chuckles and chugs his diet Cola. I wonder what he was chuckling about when I spit out my lemonade. Cold lemonade dripped down Eduardo's face, but he laughed hysterically.

  "I-I'm sorry, did you not like it?" Eduardo laughed. I checked the label; half-and-half lemonade and tea. That was Mark's drink. Of course that dumb swan would put his tea monstrosity in the cooler. The green-clad swallow wiped my face off with his sleeve and cooled me off by flapping his wings. He led me inside and tossed a towel in my direction.

  "Go and get a cold shower. I'll finish the lawn,"

  I decided it was his way of apologising, so I went upstairs and started the shower. Mark laughs from outside the door. It was like an annoying chirp mixed with the haughty laugh of a spoiled British brat. Though, I tolerated him when he spoke. His voice was deeper than Jon's but was nowhere near Eduardo's almost attractively deep Boston accent.

  "Don't like my half-and-half lemonade and tea?" he chuckles, "Well, at least Eduardo finally showed some affection."

  "What affection?" I growl suspiciously. Mark laughs again.

  "The lawn chair, the cooler full of drinks, and the fact that he helped you out after you spit my drink, he's finally showing his feelings for you,"

  "You're delusional," I snap. Warmth and a dark red crept onto my cheeks. I'll admit, I've found myself staring at Eduardo once in a while, but I never thought that I liked him.

  "Either way, he loves you. He won't shut up about how soft your hair is, or how pretty your eyes are, or how fluffy your wings look. He's liked you since you moved in," he says knowingly. Snorting, I run the water. The thought of Eduardo's face was making the room feel warmer. From how his dark, gloomy brown eyes sparkled into a chocolatey color when he saw me, and how soft and well-groomed his hair was. I huff in embarrassment; this was my annoying roommate I was thinking of.

  My bossy, grouchy, violent, annoying roommate.

  Yet, another part of my mind was happy at the thought. The part that knew Eduardo had some good to him. No only did he possibly love me, but if he did, that meant endless affection. As aggressive and bossy as he was, when Eduardo was passionate about something, he was dedicated and obsessed. The good kind of obsessed. I think I was falling for my annoying roommate.

  My adorable, passionate, caring, annoying roommate.