Rescued from Myself (Introvert! Tord X Extravert! Reader)

Requested by TheWorldBoresMe

(Gender neutral. 'Cause not just girls are extraverted, right? I'm in here, too.)

(Y/N)'s POV

Parties are always fun, right? There is music, food, lights, and best of all; people. I was at my friend, Edd's, party. He was very social and kind, yet he lived with three others. Two of them were extraverted. But, one wasn't. As soon as I heard the DJ play '80's Films' by Jon Bellion, I saw Tord Larsson trailing Edd like a lost puppy.

I gotta admit, I had feelings for Tord. His sparkling silver eyes, soft caramel hair, tanned skin, and a sweet personality. Sure, he was a bit morbid and perverted, but it didn't bother anyone. I watched as Tord dove between Edd and Tom to get into his room. I chuckled at his urgency out of the party. I never understood his dislike in parties. That was when Matt walked up to me.

"Do you like the party so far, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah! It's great!" I chirped. He beamed happily.

"Good! We worked hard on everything. Luckily, our neighbor was willing to be the DJ," he sighed as he jabbed his thumb at the back of the room. A short, long-haired girl with glasses was playing the DJ as she covered her ears with black and red headphones. Before I could ask her name, I heard a door open slowly. I turned to see Tord exit his room,  joining in the party?

Edd walked up to Tord and started talking to him. Tord began to sweat, getting fidgety, and his cheeks brightened into a light pink. He paused Edd and ran to the kitchen. Though, all the food was on a table in the living room. There was no people in the kitchen. I made my way to the kitchen, where I found Tord splashing his face with water in the sink. He groaned as he started muttering Norwegian complaints.

"Hvorfor kaste Edd dette festen?" he grunted, "Han vet at de bare gjør meg nervøs!"

I strode up to him from behind. My Norwegian was rusty, so I allowed his words to go unrecognized in my mind. I tapped his broad shoulder and felt him jump at my touch. He spun so quickly that his reflexes resembled a terrified cat. I wanted to hold him and tell him it's okay. Yet, I just smiled up at him softly.

"Hey... Can I stay back here for a bit?" I asked. I wanted to keep an eye over him.

"Why, parties too much, all of a sudden?" he snapped harshly. I knew he was just nervous and anxious. So I smiled and giggled. His face grew red. It was adorable for a big guy.

"Not even close. I wanted to stay back here to make sure you were okay," I assured him. He sighed, nodding to indicate my welcome. I smiled as I sat down at the dining table, watching as Tord sat on the counter.

I watched as he just sat there, thinking. He's quiet. No wonder he's an introvert, I thought to myself. His soft gray eyes skidded over the checkered floor. His hands remained firmly on the counter. His feet swished over the cupboards, making thuds that startled him. Every motion seemed jumpy.

  I smiled at him as his gaze skirted mine, and his face dusted pink. He avoided my gaze as his thumbs wrestled each other. I giggled at his nervousness. I decided to get up and go over to him. His eyes followed me as I sat next to him, making him blush madly. I held his hand, making it far worse.

  "Tord, what's wrong?"

  "N-n-nothing! Nothing...," he stammered. I titled my head and leaned closer. He leaned closer, too, his pure shyness made it more innocent than he led on. I smiled and giggled, causing him to smile.

  "Why are you so nervous?"

  "Because I'm with you," he answered. I blushed and tilted my head.

  "Why is that?" I asked genuinely. He blushed and looked away. Sweat dripped down his face as he gripped my hand. His eyes darted towards me once in a while to make sure I was still there. He didn't seem to trust his imagination to let him see reality.

  "Because I l-love you,"

  My heart skipped a beat and my face went all red. Nothing stopped myself from locking my lips with him. He seemed surprised at first, until he kissed back. His hands held onto my face as we sunk into the kiss. It was like our affection was the sea. If we dove in, we would sink. Yet, we were already drowning.

  We pulled away, and he chuckled as I giggled. We shared a sweet, soft moment. So soft, in fact, it was fragile. A single yell from the crowd in the living room, a single slamming door, a single unwelcome kitchen dweller, would send it shattering. Yet, our soft moment lived on as Tord got up and held out his hand. Outside the kitchen, Good Girls Gone Bad began to play.

  "May I have this dance?" he asked. I giggled and took his hand. We skirted back into the living room. Edd and Matt noticed us from the crowd, and smirked. They were going to pester Tord about it later. Yet, for now, I know that Tord won't be so shy. I loomed up at Tord and smiled. He smiled back before I spoke.

  "Why aren't you shy anymore?"

  "Because you rescued me from myself,"