Toy Box (Child! Matt X Child! Reader)

(Requested by Manglebound4life)

Matt's POV

  "I wanna be the prince!" I squealed. My high-pitched voice echoed through the room. Me and (Y/N) where playing at her house. (Y/N) covered her ears with her tiny, delicate hands. She cringed in fear of the loud noises.

  "One, you were the prince last time! I wanna be the princess. Two, you know I hate it when you do that!" she whined. I heard sighing from outsider her door and we both looked up. (Y/N)'s mother walked in.

  "You two need to keep it down,"

  "Sorry Mom," (Y/N) pouted. Their mother smiled and giggled. They kneeled down and hugged her. I felt like an alienated observer as the affection between mother and daughter grew. It made me miss my Mom.

  "It's okay, just be ready for when Matt has to leave in 30 minutes,"

  "30 minutes!?" I cried. I've only been over here 10 minutes! That was when (Y/N)'s mom sighed. She held my face in her hand, and kissed my nose. She was very kind to me.

  "I'm sorry sweetie, but your mom gets out of work in 30 minutes. Don't you want to see her?" she asked. I nod, and she got up. She smiled softly at the two of us. (Y/N)'s mom walked out of the room and into the kitchen. (Y/N) looked over at me.

  "Well, we might as well play what we can,"

(Y/N)'s POV

  I pull open a box in the corner of my room, but it was more like a trunk or chest. It was filled to the brim with toys. It had bunnies, teddies, wolves, dogs, cats, and more! I loved taking one of them to school everyday. Which is why I was carrying a stuffed horse. I beckoned Matt over with a gesture of my hand. Matt scooted closer to look at the box.

  "What are these?"

  "Not what, who."

  The silly phrase took Matt aback. I held up my horse. Matt gingerly waved at it, and I giggled. I made the horse wave back. Matt chuckled, and before we knew it, we were a laughing heap. We pulled a few more stuffed animals out to play with. We ended up making a mini town of animals.

(Time Skip 30 minutes)

  We were having a lot of fun! Mayor Whiney - my horse - was helping the homeless puppies of the humble town, Mattville(which Matt named). I asked why, and he said because his awesomeness is as big as a city. I giggled at that. Yet, I heard my Mom call out.

  "Time to pick up. Matt's mom is here," she called. Me and Matt let out long, winded 'aww's of disapproval. Yet, we started setting the citizens of Mattville away in my toy box. Before Matt could put away his favorite - a blue elephant - I put a hand on his. He looked up at me in curiosity.

  "You love Sir Trunky. Keep him. I think he likes you," I smile. Matt smiles too as he holds the elephant close to his chest. He kisses Sir Trunky's forehead, and smiles at me.

  "Thanks, (Y/N)! I'll take good care of him!" he promises. He leaves the room, Sir Trunky in his arms. I heard as the front door opens and a giddy reunion of mother and son rejoice. Then I heard Matt's mom question why he had my elephant.

  "(Y/N) gave him to me! His name is Sir Trunky. I am going to keep him until I am old, gray, and still devilishly handsome," he purred. My mom and his mom laugh. They found his narcissism adorable for his age.

  "Alright, but take good care of him," his mom ordered.

  "Yes, Mommy!"

(Time Skip 21 Years)

Matt's POV

  I stare at the blue elephant on my bed. I meant it when I said I would keep him. Due to keeping my Mommy's promise, he was almost as good as new. (Y/N) would have been so happy, I know it. But, she moved when we were in highschool. This was devastating for me, because I loved her. I wanted to marry her as soon as we graduated.

  I have no idea where in the world she is. I sigh and fell onto my back on my bed. I hold Sir Trunky on my stomach. I smile at the elephant and hug it. It was an ever lasting memory of (Y/N). I hear Edd open the door downstairs. Voices echo the hall, one being very familiar, yet unrecognizable.

  "Um, excuse me, does a 'Matt Hargreaves' live here?"

  "Yeah! He's upstairs. Wanna go see him?"

  "Yes please!"

  I hear two pairs of footsteps climb the stairs. The attic door opens, and Edd climbs in. Just behind him, a beautiful woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes blinks at me. I know her. We played with Sir Trunky and Mayor Whiney 21 years ago. I walk over to her, her gorgeous face beckoning me closer without words.

  "Matt?" she asks.

  "It's me, (Y/N)," I smile. She stood there, staring, for a few minutes. That was before we hug tightly. I swear, I hear her crying softly. I pull away and look at (Y/N)'s, joyous, tearful face. I rub her cheek with my hand.

  "(Y/N), are you okay?"

  "I just... thought I'd never see you again,"

  "I'm right here, (Y/N),"

  We hug again, and Edd smiles. He loves watching our little reunion. (Y/N) eventually stops crying, and she smiles at me. I smile back happily.

  "Matt, I love you,"

  "Why wouldn't you? I'm perfect!" I chimes. She giggles.

  "Yes you are. I can see you didn't change. That's more than what I wished for," she giggles. She leans over and kisses me. I happily kiss back, stroking her hair. I think I might just be able to live my dream. I am going to marry (Y/N).