Teeth and Claws (Monster! Tom X Monster! Reader)

(Requested by FangirlArt24)

(S/N) = Son's name

Tom's POV

  (Y/N)'s snores made me smile as we slept side by side. The moon was high in the sky. The temperature was perfect. Nothing could disturb me. Well, except for him. I felt tiny paws on my head.

  "Wake up, Daddy!" whispers a soft voice. (Y/N) and I had a son named (S/N). He was a handsome, playful boy who loved his parents. He had my purple fur, yet his mother's (e/c) eyes. I loved him more than anything.

  I get up and chuckle as (S/N) bounds at me heels. We walk outside and I hear the soft song of crickets. (S/N) tries to catch one, but it runs away. He whines and sits down. His tail hung low as his ears were drawn back. I hated seeing him sad. I sit next to him and hold him close.

  The moon dips into the horizon as dawn creeps up. The crickets had gone while the lady bugs came outside. (S/N) made a sport out of catching them. They were slower than crickets. Yet, they are more fragile.

  "Okay, Daddy! Catch a lady bug! Don't squish it," he giggles as he runs off. I smile as his tail disappears. He made my life so much better. (Y/N) crept out of the cave. She yawns and purrs.

  "(S/N) wanted to play?" she asks. I nod. She leans against me and purrs. The sun rises and shines onto her fur. She was so perfect. I'm glad she's my mate.

  (S/N) runs up with a lady bug. It's delicate wings were unharmed. His sweet face made me beam with pride. How can something this small be so important to me? I let him play with the lady bug until he hurts his paw. He whimpers.

  "Mommy, I hurt my paw!" he cries. (Y/N) fawns over him as she tends to him. I follow suit and clean his dirty fur. He eventually stoped whimpering. He smiles as both parents care for him. I lick his ear.

  "Better?"

  "Yes, Daddy. Thank you," he smiles and purrs. He pads into the den and curls up to sleep. That left (Y/N) and I alone together. I lick her ear and smirk.

  "He acts just like you," I purr. She snorts.

  "No, he's definitely you're son," she squeaks with amusement. We eventually start play fighting. We tussle in the dirt and sand. The sun started to sink once more. The two of us were left in the sun light. I felt happy.

  "I love you," I purr. (Y/N) blushes and smiles.

  "I love you, too," she sighs happily. We head back to the cave and curl up around (S/N). His tiny body was so fragile. I needed to protect him. He's my child. I smile at that fact.

  The next day greets us, and I hear a soft purr. I look out the cave and see (S/N). He was playing with another monster cub. I run out to see what was going on. A female cub, pale green in color, squeaks as she tackles (S/N). I walk over and see them faking swats at each other. The monster cub's scent was unrecognisable.

  "(S/N), who is she?" I ask. The two turn to look at me. Their bright, big eyes glitter. Their adorable, chubby faces meet with mine. This is why I loved being a father.

  "I met her this morning. She doesn't have a home. Can she please stay?" he begs.

  And that's how I met my daughter in law.