Don't Leave Me (Edd X Forgetful! Reader)

(THIS IS THE ONLY TIME, PEOPLE. Enjoy while it lasts... Also, it's gender neutral.)

(Y/N)'s POV

  Four years. That is how long I've known Edd. One year. That is how long I've lived here. I have no idea how much longer though. I got robbed, and I had no where to stay, so Edd invited me into his home. I got along really well with Edd's other friends; Tom and Matt. Though, I guess you can say I grew a very deep bond with him.

Edd's POV

  I was sitting in my room, animating. I was so close to finishing when I heard Tom calling for me downstairs. I groaned and dragged myself downstairs. As soon as I got down, I saw (Y/N) talking to Tom. I instantly became a little... jealous. I didn't know why. Though, I crossed over, and Tom smiled at me.

  "Good news! (Y/N) has saved up enough money to buy a house! We are going to go look at some for the next week. Do you want to come look at this first house, too?" Tom asked. I nodded, though my heart was crying. No! Th-they can't be leaving me! I screamed in my mind. I just told myself it was alright, and continued to talk, until night fell, and so did I. For (Y/N), I did.

(Y/N)'s POV

  I was going to bed, just as I heard Edd. I turned to see him racing towards me, his face lightly tinged with pink. I smiled at him as he neared me.

  "Hi, Edd!" I chirped. Edd grinned, and the pink grew.

  "Hi, (Y/N). I just wanted to say..." he drifted off. Edd avoided my (e/c) eyes, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. His whole face was light red.

  "Go on, Edd," I encouraged him. He snapped back towards me, looking me in the eyes. I suddenly felt... safe in his presence.

  "I wanted to say good luck on getting a new place," he chuckled. Though, it didn't sound genuine. I smiled, and went in my room. As I shut my door, I started to wonder. Why was Edd so concealing of his emotions, and why were mine so undecided?

(The Next Morning)

  Light shined through my window. I stretched, and got up. I turned, to see Edd. I was about to ask why he was staring at me. Especially since his whole face was entirely red. Then, I looked down and noticed that I didn't wear a shirt to bed. Then, my own face reflected Edd's, and I tried to cover myself as best I can.

  "What do you want, Edd..?" I asked quizzically. Edd shook his head, getting rid of his expression.

  "I-I just wanted to ask something. But, I can wait until you're dressed..." he muttered, obviously still embarrassed. I giggled and smiled up at him.

  "It's all right. You can tell me," I urged. He can't lie to me now, even if he doesn't answer me. Edd sighed, and ran his hand through his hair to try to recollect his thought process, as well as comb through his messy hair.

  "I wanted to ask if a plot of land would be just as good as a house?" he asked. I tilted my head, confused. Edd turned to look at me, and smiled lightly. He thought that was cute, I thought smugly to myself.

  "What do you mean by 'a plot of land'?" I asked. Maybe I got high pitched 'cause I was tired. Or because my heart was thumping louder than an elephant stampede when Edd looked me in the eyes with those gorgeous chocolate brown pools for eyes.

  "You know, land that you can build on. I mean, we can hire some construction workers to build your dream house there," Edd explained. Though, I could read his mind for a couple seconds. So, I was astounded and awed by his exact thoughts:

  But, then, you'll like it better there than here with me.

Edd's POV

  They could read my mind. I know they could, because then (Y/N) smiled. My heart skipped a beat. My face went pink, and I tried to pull myself away from their addicting (e/c) eyes.

  "I would like it there. But, I would always love it here. Especially since you would be here for me," they sighed happily. I grinned like an idiot. My stupid emotions took over me without control.

  "Th-thanks..." I muttered. I wanted to hide for the rest of the day in my room, I was so flustered. Then, I got my courage again.

  "Come on, show me the plot of land. How much will it cost?" (Y/N) asked. My heart yearned for them to keep talking. I loved their voice. Yet, I had to say something before they would.

  "The land is 1,000£ per acre," I explained. They smiled.

  "Then it's settled. Let's look at it," they agreed. Then just as they got up, I went red, and turned. My heart was beating like a drum.

  "(Y-Y/N)..." I said to alert them.

  "Oh! Sorry,"

(Another Year Later)

That was it. (Y/N) was leaving to go live in their new house. I was upset, depressed, and heartbroken. I was standing by our door as (Y/N) packed the last of their bags into the truck. Just as it was packed in carefully, (Y/N) ran up to me.

  "I'm sorry, but I gotta leave. I have a new home now. Thanks for the loan," they chuckled. I nodded, tears brimming my brown eyes, but a grin placed over me face.

  "I know. I've been trying to prepare myself. You don't need to worry about paying me back. Just being here was enough," I sighed. (Y/N) smiled, and hugged me. I felt happy and safe in their arms, so I hugged back. That was when fireworks went off in my mind as I felt it.

  (Y/N) kissed me.

(Y/N)'s POV

  I kissed Edd's cheek, happy I could finally show my feelings to him. I thought he was going to turn me away. Then, as I let got, he grabbed onto my shoulders and kissed me on the lips. I was shocked as Edd pulled away and grinned at me.

  "You have no idea how long I wanted to do that, (Y/N). Text me when you get the time. I'll come over, and we can visit. Who knows," he chirped. "Maybe we can kiss again."

(I'm mentally dying. This was a dare my friend @NOTTHEFACE asked me to do. I did it. But I suffered.)