Right There, Where You Left Them (Tom X Heartbroken! Reader) *FLUFF*

(Italics [I] is a flash back to when you're younger. Merry Crisis-I mean Christmas!)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The empty girl's bathroom in 1st grade echoed with sobs. I wiped away my tears as my cries grew louder. Nothing stopped the flow of salty tears down my cheeks. I had just admitted my feelings to my crush, Tom. But, he rejected me. Though, I could tell he didn't want me to be sad. The sweet boy was hugging his bear, crying when I ran out crying.

  I heard the door open and I looked up what I saw startled me. The soft, yet spikey brown hair. The void of the black eyes brimming with invisible emotion. Those frowning lips that made me want to hug him and make him feel better. His sweet, pale face and pink cheeks - no matter how much he hated them. The gentle kindness to his voice as he called my name.

  "(Y/N)?"

  I look up and realize that my memories weren't playing tricks on my senses. There he was, looming over me, in the public gender-neutral bathroom at the fair. His soft, yet spikey brown hair was like how it was when he was younger. His eyes were as black and enticing as ever, yet they were now dull and sad. His lips were forever curled in a frown as his lower lip was a rosy red. His face was still pale, yet darker, somehow. His voice was still kind and gentle as he spoke, no matter how deep it got.

  "What's wrong, Teddy?" he asked sincerely. Teddy, I remember fondly as tears fade away. Back in 1st grade, I was in love with my best friend. He always called me Teddy, yet after I admitted my feelings, it became awkward. He stayed closer to these three other boys we met in Kindergarten. We never had a class together after 1st grade, and it broke my heart. It was like I never stopped crying in the 1st grade girl's bathroom.

  "T-Tom...?" I ask, wondering if it was a dream. It had to be one to see that frown on his face creep into a smile. His eyes turned from sad to happy. Innocence, kindness, and joy radiated from the man I loved, and still love. His hands no longer carried a teddy bear, but were stuffed in the pockets of a blue hoodie. It had replaced his old, yellow shirt and blue overalls he loved. His jeans were as black as his eyes, and his checkered shoes never changed.

  "I'm right here, Teddy. Did you miss me?" he asked softly. He said it as quietly as if I was still a child. He kneeled down in front of me and pulled me into a soft hug. His firm hands held me tightly, as if afraid to let go of me. His breath was soft and steady in my hair.

  "I missed you more than anything, Tommy...," I whisper. I used to call him that, before he left my life. Yet, he never truly, definitely left my life. He smiles and kisses my head. My cheeks blaze red and she runs his fingers through my hair. It was so serene.

  "Good, because I missed you, too. I love you, (Y/N)," he purrs. I smile and hold him tighter. We sit there, hugging for about half an hour. Our legs fall asleep underneath us, yet we ignore the static in our limbs. We were too absorbed in each other's embrace, until I replied.

  I pulled back, and looked at Tom's face. He seemed confused, and almost sad. Like I had rejected him. Yet, I pull him in for a soft, quick kiss. Like how any first kiss should be. We both smile as I look into his eyes. Love swirled in those black pools.

  "I love you, too, Tommy," I smile. He smiles back and kisses my forehead.

  "And I am never leaving again,"