Beast (Tom X Monster! Reader)

(Requested by Thetomfangirl)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The light of the night was enticing as I slid through the trees. I made my home within the darkness. I saw fractions of the super blue blood moon in the sky. I relished the rareness of this event. This would probably be the only one in my lifetime. This was why my monster felt the need to run in it's protective grasp.

  My claws scraped against pavement. I look at the street, being flooded by unnatural light. I hiss and slip back into the shadows. A car flies past me, unaware of my presence. Across the street was my home. I shared it with several men; Edd, Matt, Tord, and Tom.

  Tom was my crush - no, - love. I need him, he completes me. I look up, my pointed ear pricking against the cold air. I watch as Edd opens the front door. His eyes were tired and bored. They bore right into mine. His green hoodie sheltered him from the light snow. It was much different from my thick, (f/c) fur.

  "(Y/N), get in here. It's too cold," he growls. I cross the road and into the house. I was smaller than a certain purple monster who had to turn human before entering once more. I nod and smile at Edd. He does the same, but in a more tired fashion. This happened every full moon.

Tom's POV

  I hear the door shut and I sigh happily. (Y/N) was home safe. She always did this, yet it always made me worry. If she got hit by a car or caught by animal control, I might as well have no meaning. I stare out my window at the moon. A super blue blood moon, of course. The reason why she ran out and stayed out longer than usual.

  I get up and leave my room. I am quickly greeted by Edd. His eyes shone with mischief while his eyes gleamed. He was in his pajamas, and Ringo weaved between his legs. Her tail waved impatiently.

  "What do you want?" I huff.

  "(Y/N) loves you. You should tell her you love her back," he chuckles. I blush madly. I stiffen in shock and nearly double over. I begin stammering.

  "B-but, h-h-how...!?" I gasp.

  "Romantically," Edd chuckles as he makes a rainbow motion with his hands. He picks Ringo up and carries her to his room. He spoils that cat too much. I realised that fact several years ago when he fed Ringo too many treats. I may or may not have accidentally broke her. Yet, I head for bed and put the cat out of my mind.

(Time Skip)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The world seemed lighter for some reason. I rose out of my bed with a newfound light heartedness. I went downstairs to find Tom making breakfast. Edd and Matt had stacks of golden brown pancakes. Tord had a flimsy, burnt one on a cracked plate. Where Tom usually sat had his own stack of finely made flapjacks. Yet, my plate was unusual - in the best way possible.

  A plate was piled high the most drool- inducing pancakes I have ever seen. Syrup and ice cream topped them whilst flower petals decorated the edge of the plate. A crystal glass was filled with freshly squeezed orange juice beside the plate. It was breakfast made for a queen. I wasn't expecting the topping, though. Chocolate chips spelled out the three words on top of the food that I thought Tom would never say.

  I love you.

  I smile and walk over to Tom. He looked nervous. He clearly wasn't prepared for this. That adorable dork blushed like a bright red. I tugged on his blue hoodie and kissed his soft lips. At first, he was shocked, then he kissed back. He tasted sweet, like syrup.

  "I love you, too, Tom," I purr. He smiles and hugs me.

  "You're a beast, (Y/N),"