Guns and Roses (Purple Leader! Matt X Leader! Reader)

(Requested by Juggie-Jones. Gender neutral.)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The cold, empty office loomed before my desk, lonely. I tapped my nails against the wood, hoping for a soldier to burst in. I don't care if it was good or bad news, just something, please! I was so bored, in fact, that all I heard was the white noise in my ears. The fictional ring of chimes inside my head. The bliss was agitating as I even considered just texting the nearby Red Army and offering them the chance to attack so I had something to do.

  That was when a knock came on my door, echoing in the office. I endured a wave of endorphin sweep over my mind. Joy clouded my sight for several seconds while I considered letting them in. I quickly leapt from my seat, my coat reaching it's full length. I grinned ecstatically.

  "Come in!" I chimed. That was when it inched open open. A tall man with ginger hair and a purple and green uniform peered in curiously. His boots clicked against the floor as he walked in. He was clearly an army leader, yet he was too cute and innocent-looking to be that. Yet, what I heard was even more heart-fluttering. Butterflies filled my stomach as the adorable leader spoke.

 Butterflies filled my stomach as the adorable leader spoke

  "Is this (F/c) Leader (Y/N)'s office?" he asked. His sweet British accent pulled a couple heartstrings. I nodded, and he smiled a kindly grin. It was almost blinding how white his teeth were. I suddenly had the urge to just hug him. He seemed too cute to be a leader.

  "I just came here to ask... can we form an alliance? It's just.... the Red Army has been attacking our base at random and we need help," he whimpered. His blue-green eyes gave me a puppy-like expression. Hy heart clenched in my chest. Sweet mother of Jesus we need to help him.

  It's been a few weeks, Purple Leader Matt and I were prepared for battle. Soldiers of Purple and (F/c) Armies alike protected Matt's base. No one has sighted Red Leader or his army ever since his last attack, which was a week before Matt came to my office door. Speaking of the sweet prince, I had grown quite infatuated with him. I grew to love him, one might say. I mean, seriously! Look at him!

  He stood behind his desk in his office, where I now sat across from. We started pointing out how we could strengthen our forces. That was until a stray gunshot caught our attention. We looked out Matt's bay window. We saw Red Leader commanding his army to attack as I heard him shout. It scared us to see his confidence. Especially since it stemmed from the thousands of soldiers.

  "Red Army soldiers, take them down!"

Matt's POV

  A barricade of Red Army soldiers attacked mine and (Y/N)'s soldiers. Blood spilled onto the grass as gunshots and the pling of arrows showered the fighting men and women. I watched in horror as the soldiers flocked together to fight, only causing larger amounts of casualties. I looked toward (Y/N), their power, strength, and wisdom radiating in waves. Just by looking at their attractive, calm face, I felt better. But their eyes were wide in shock and horror. They were just as fearful as me.

  That was when I decided I needed to do something. I hated seeing (Y/N) upset. I grabbed an M4 carbine from a rack of guns I had next to my desk. It had a bright purple mark on it's grip to signal whom owns it. I ran downstairs, adrenaline pumping through my dilating veins. Clearly, that didn't sit well with (Y/N) as I heard them screaming after me.

(Y/N)'s POV

  What was he doing!? Clearly, he thought this was a good idea, despite the fact that he had less military experience. I ran after him, snagging an M16A2 assault rifle from Matt's rack. I slung the sleek gun over my should and chased the Purple Leader in pursuit. I would not live with myself if I let him die. War was sticky business.

  As I got to the battle grounds, I stared in horror at the hundreds of dead (F/c) Army soldiers. Their bodies piled the dusty floor. I watched as the Red Leader broke away from a fight with Purple and (F/c) soldiers. I scanned the field and noticed that the Red Leader was running towards Matt. I pelted after them, hoping I wouldn't be spotted first. Luckily, I didn't.

  "Stop being a bully and picking on smaller armies, Red Leader!" Matt cried. His shrill voice echoed in my mind. This was a scared man. A man with no idea what to do. I had to help this man.

  "You have something I want, Purple Leader! You have exactly what I have only dreamed of having!" Red Leader shouted. His Norwegian accent would have been more attractive if he wasn't killing off my army. I watched as dusty brown boots made the dust and dirt swirl. A blue jacket flows in the wind, causing a dramatic look. Yet, his red sweater seemed to drip with blood.

  "It's gone too long Matt that you have held it locked away from me," he hissed.

  "The longer you are without it, the easier we can live in peace, Tord," Matt snarled.

  "Ha! Peace? Is that why you made a killer army?" Tord laughed. That was when Matt growled. It was a dangerous one, low and loud. It would send a lion ducking for cover. He was terrifying, now.

  "I will lock your hentai up for as long as it costs,"

  "THIS IS ALL ABOUT HENTAI!?"

  Both men turned to look at me before anger flooded my vision.

  "You are killing hundreds of my soldiers just for hentai!? You are a low-life, Red Leader," I growled. That was when a rogue bullet pierced my leg, and I screeched. I blacked out, pain, loss of blood, and stress causing me to fall limp. I watched Matt run over in concern, and Red Leader just watched.

Matt's POV

  I stayed at (Y/N)'s bedside, waiting for them to wake up. I stared at their unconscious face. The more I looked, the more I realized I loved them. The time we spent as friends made me greedy for more. I was about to cry again, when they stirred.

  "M-Matt..?"

  "Yes, (Y/N)..?" I sat next to them and them close.

  "I love you," they purred. I smiled and they smiled back. It was affectionate and sweet. I stayed by their side for weeks more as they recovered. Only once they recovered, did I respond.

  "I love you, too. Oh, that reminds me!" I exclaim. I pluck a (f/c) rose from behind my back. I show it to them, and smile. I purr as I hand them the rose.

  "For your dedication to the Purple Army,"

  "Oh Matt, just your love was enough,"