Bad Romance (Red Leader X Dominant! Reader)

(Gender neutral 'cause I love ya'll.)

Tord's POV

  It was hard for me to accept it. My mind was blank as I read the paper Paul handed me. I turned it over, read the fine print, and even tore the corner to make sure it's official. Though, I still couldn't believe it. I looked up at Paul, my eye pleading for it to be fake.

  "We... we aren't really bankrupt, are we?" I whined. Paul nodded solemnly. I pounded my fists on the desk and growled. Paul jumped back, his hand instinctively reaching for a radio to call for Patryk. I ignored it, and instead continued my growling rage.

  "Where did all our money go!?"

  "Into equipment, living space, and... body pillows," Paul snickered at the last bit. I blushed heavily as I watched him intensely.

  "Those body pillows keep me from being lonely,"

  "Then maybe you should get a date. There are plenty of soldiers here," Paul countered.

  "That's what they want. Almost all of them only care about impressing other soldiers,"

  "Ah! I heard an 'almost'," Paul sneered. I glared at him as I sighed in forfeit.

  "Fine. There is one... (Y/N)," I groaned in annoyance. I spun in my chair to face the giant bay window behind my desk, letting the natural sunlight filter through. I had to admit; I loved (Y/N). They are attractive, smart, strong, talented, and best of all... they are dominant. Many soldiers in the army have tried to ask (Y/N) out, yet all their attempts were failed.

  "So, why don't you try and ask them out, sir?" Paul asked temptingly. I sighed.

  "I want to, but I can't. I have several reasons. Plus, dating a soldier is not going to help us out of our dept," I snarled. Paul joined me at my side.

  "It will if you stop buying body pillows," he laughed. His laughter annoyed me as I stood up and faced him menacingly. He started to quake beneath my gaze. He started patting his hands around my desk, looking for something to use against me in the case of a fight. It wouldn't need to come to that. Especially since I grabbed the collar of his jacket and lifted him away from my desk.

  "How about you shut your trap about what I do about my loneliness and look upon yourself. One person doesn't need that much coffee and mac & cheese!" I hissed. He stepped back in offense. Before we could spitball more insults, my door slammed open. Boots clicked against my floor as me and Paul turned as one to see a strong, independent soldier - (Y/N).

  "You two need to shut up! The whole army can hear you, by now!" they hollered in annoyance. My heart fluttered and my face lit up bright red. When I said I loved (Y/N), I meant it. Their strength and courage radiated off them like ultraviolet rays off the sun. It made me feel powerful just by being in their presence.

(Y/N)'s POV

  I've had it with these two! Going at it like idiots. My mind was conflicted, though, on why I would yell at Red Leader. Sure, he was a pain, but I loved him. Yeah, yeah, think what you think. 'Your in love with the Red Leader? Get in line, Juliet/Romeo'. It kinda hurts.

  The other soldiers tell me once either one of us retires, I'll be over him. But how, and why? How can I just abandon my emotions, and why would leaving the other behind mean the destruction of them? Though, my squabbling thoughts aside, I need to stop this fight. First, I need to find out why they're fighting.

  "Red Leader, sir, why were you fighting?" I asked boldly. I could not let my care for him to seep into my words. It would only make matters worse. So, I held my tongue steady. I could see their faces mold into worry. They were hiding something about the quarrel.