Stole Your Heart (Edd X Scared! Reader)

(Y/N)'s POV

  I was terrified as I ran down the empty, cold, dark streets of London. Heavy boots slapped against the cement as the thief pursued me. I clutched my wallet uselessly as my pursuer shouted at me. His deep, Brooklyn accent made me fearful. I wanted to escape him, but how could I when my home was half a mile away? That was when I ran into a man. His green hoodie cushioned the impact.

  "I'm sorry ma'am," he muttered. His voice was thick and sweet, like honey. I smiled as he helped me up. That was when a voice interrupted my thoughts, and I remembered why I was running. I started running again, before the man grabbed my wrist and held me back. His brown eyes were flaring with concern.

  "Miss, why were you running?" he asked. I turned and stared at him with frenzied eyes. I tried to pry my arm away, but he was stronger than me. He narrowed his eyes and grabbed my shoulders. The thief was now only yards away.

  "Because he is trying to rob me!" I yelled. The man turned to see the thief. He released my shoulders and guarded me as the thief drew closer. I could hear the man growling as the thief stopped in front of us. The thief cursed and turned tail to run. I watched in sweet splendor as the thief ran by police and was halted. An officer walked up to me and the man.

  "Was this man trying to rob you?" he asked. I nodded, and the officer flicked his radio on. His voice was stern as he told the officers to arrest the thief. Once he turned, the man smiled at me. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled.

  "That was.. uh... an interesting experience," he admitted. I nodded, still thankful that he stood up for me. My smile signaled for the man to relax, and he thankfully did. Though, his hand moved from the back of his neck to his hair. His fingers combed effortlessly through his flawless locks.

  "So, what's your name?" I asked. He looked at me, his brown eyes sparkling. He grinned and took his hand out of his hair. He shook my hand happily. I was curious as to his new, happier demeanor.

  "My name is Edward Gould, but my friends call me Edd. What's yours?" he responded. I gripped his hand firmly and returned the gesture.

  "(Y/N) (L/N). Thank you for helping me, Edd," I smiled. Edd nodded and we started to walk towards my home. I watched him suspiciously as he walked with me. I turned and watched him as he stopped walking.

  "What?"

  "You're following me home," I sighed. He raised an eyebrow like he was surprised I cared so much. I continued to look at him, hoping he got the message. I wanted him to explain why. Thankfully, he answered me prayer.

  "I'm making sure you don't get robbed," he explained. I sighed a breath of relief as I walked up to him. He was startled when I rested my hand on his shoulder and smiled. He tried to shrug it off, but it was my turn to be too strong.

  "Thank you," I breathed. He returned the smile as rain started top drip on our heads. We continued to walk home, and by the time I was at my door, we were soaking. Edd was about to turn to leave, when I tapped his shoulder. He looked up at my smiling face.

  "What?"

  "Wanna come in for some hot chocolate and a movie?" I offered. He smiled, and fully turned towards me. His hands were shoved in his pockets as he tilted his head. A gleam in his eyes made him look playfully.

  "Do you have any Cola?"

  "Um... yeah?"

  "Deal!" he exclaimed as he nearly dragged me inside my own house. I giggled as he sat me down on my couch and ran to the kitchen. I heard him open the fridge and return seconds later with a can of Cola in his hand. I smiled as I lifted the remote. He sat beside me with a grin.

  "You really like Cola, don't you?" I asked. He nodded vigorously as we turned on Netflix. We switched through different shows until Edd suggested Steven Universe. I agreed, and we continued to watch 'Off Colors'. I really enjoyed it. When the show was over, Edd got up. He smiled at me and out stretched his hand.

  "I really enjoyed spending time with you. Maybe we can do it again another time?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. I shook his hand and watched him leave. I felt we were going to become great friends.

(Two years later)

  Edd was over at my house again, and we were playing Super Smash Bros. He chose Pikachu while I played as (favorite Super Smash Bros character). Edd eventually beat me and he basked in the glory. I didn't mind much, considering I  grew to have a crush on him. I was still a scaredy cat to this day, so he protected me. At this moment, he was laughing at his victory as he wrapped his arm around my neck. Only then did I realize he took off his hoodie. It was the middle of the summer, and it was pretty hot, though.

  "I won!" Edd cried triumphantly. He pumped his fists into the air as he cheered. I smiled and ruffled his chocolaty brown hair. He blew a raspberry in response to my action. I giggled.

  "I know you won. You've been bragging for 5 whole minutes, Edd!" I laughed. He smiled and chuckled, looking up at me. That's when he turned to face me, still shirtless. I blushed a rainbow of reds as he smiled.

  "I haven't won completely, just yet," he chuckled.

  "H-how come? You have bragging that you did not too long ago!"

  "I didn't win you," he purred as he leaned in and kissed me sweetly. I was surprised as my face lit up like fire. I soon kissed back, and Edd smiled against my lips. He pulled away and grinned.

  "Content?"

  "Yes," he sighed. He got up to get another can of Cola as I thought the moment over. I then looked up over the couch, towards the kitchen.

  "Hey, Edd?"

  "Yeah?"

  "We a thing, now?"

  "Yeah," he chuckled happily. I smiled to myself as I sat back down. I could not wait for Tom and Matt to hear this. Edd sat back next to me and smiled.

  "I love you, (Y/N),"