Troublesome (Mark X Troublemaker! Reader)

Mark's POV

  "Why would you do that!?" I cry out. (Y/N) was sitting on the couch, shrugging. Her favorite (f/c) bandanna was tied neatly around her neck as she chewed a wad of bubble gum. She blew it and popped it as she pleased as I went on. It was a common routine. This happened every day after school.

  "You aren't taking school seriously! You keep insulting and threatening teachers. You throw things at classmates. You cuss at lunch. You get into fights with other kids!" I screech. There was no use - she was a troublemaker. She giggles, and it immediately hypnotizes me, as bad as she was.

  "Calm down, Mr. Goody. Before you get your boxers in a twist," she chimes. I blush profusely and avoid her eye in embarrassment. My blonde hair falls in my face and she moves it. Her skin was soft and (s/t), yet covered in scars and band aids.

  "They're briefs," I mutter. This makes her laugh harder.

  "If you say so," she purrs in a sing-song voice. It made it worse when she started playing with her hair as she blew her gum. I watched her as she made a rhythm out of her gum. I longed to hear her sing to it. But I knew better, as she hasn't sung a single note since elementary school. She was truly gorgeous, with her (h/c) hair that fell over the sides of her face and (e/c) eyes that shone like those of a cat.

  "You know, I still don't know why you insist on wearing that bandanna. Isn't it a bit... like a gang symbol? It's distracting," I say finally. I always did this when I was nervous. I couldn't handle her beauty, since I was considered a nerd. I never saw women this beautiful normally. It changed when she moved in with us when her parents kicked her out.

  "It's cool, and you know it. It reflects my personality," she sneers. She always talked about how mysterious and cold she was. 'Aggressive', she used to say. But she was a truly caring person. Her temper just gets the better of her.

  "Alright then, Miss Edgy. Can you explain what your unicorn pillow represents?" I chuckle. Her eyes widen and she whips towards me. Her face was pale and her eyes glittered dangerously. (Y/N) growls softly under her breath.

  "Never mention (Unicorn's name) ever again. Especially not at school," she hisses. Her voice was airy, like I just punched her in the gut. I smirk and run a hand through my hair. I noticed the pink tint to her cheeks. It made me more confident as I spoke.

  "I don't know... that might make (Unicorn's name) sad. After all, he loves you~," I finish in a sing song voice. Her face goes red. I couldn't tell if it was embarrassment or anger. But, I before I could ask why she was biting her lip, she snorts.

  "I hope he does, because you sure don't," she snaps. It came out of no where. Yet, so did the ensuing silence. Nothing but the soft hum of our minds. I opened my mouth to speak before she got up. She sighs and blushes before she walks away.

  "Never mention this again, got it?" she asked weakly. I smile softly and shrug.

  "You know, you should never assume. Maybe I do love you. I do, in fact. But you didn't ask how I love you. Do I love you like a sister, a friend, or more?" I coo charmingly. Her face goes even redder. More silence pursues us.

  "How... how do you love me?" she asks. I look up and smile at her. She comes to sit back down on the couch. She undid the bandanna around her neck as she watched me. It appeared this was done subconsciously. I breathe in deeply.

  "(Y/N), I love you so much. Not as a sister, not as a friend, but as so much more. I would do anything for you. You know that. I told you I would when I put gauze around your wounded arm," I murmur. I knew she could hear me, because her arm flinched instinctively. She got a deep cut in a fight.

  "I... I love you, too, Mark," she admits quietly. I pause as my face turns red. My blue eyes stare into her (e/c) ones. I document her every movement, yet very few were made. I smile as she walks over to me and kisses me.

  "That's settled then, Mr. Hot Shot,"

  And with that, she walked away. It was sweet bliss to see her put her bandanna on again. Even though I asked her why she wore it, I liked it. Only she could make a bandanna  look hot. She makes being troublesome ever so attractive.