Who I Am (Tom X Shy! Reader)

(Waitress got me good. Expect Edd to fall for a waitress, next. ;3)

(Y/N)'s POV

  Much of my life was planned. My education, my career, my love life - or, lack of. I didn't plan on falling in love. I didn't want to. Yet, a friend of mine happened to decide that love doesn't have to be planned. They dragged me into a dating site, one I would never have thought of joining even in my nightmares. That was when a message hit my Inbox. Apparently, a poor soul was about to be turned down by a false sense of searching love.

  That was until I read his message. It turned out, my bio was a window into my life that my friend opened. They told about my lack in trust for future suitors. It explained my dislike in love's everlasting pain if it doesn't go well. It even explained my insecurities and why I was scared. When I was little, my mother would vent to me about her marriage. I concluded that love wasn't fit for my fragile heart.

  Don't worry, I was forced on here, too. The name's Tom. What's yours?

  I smiled and decided to answer exotically. Literally.

  Hola, Tom. Me llama (Y/N). Mucho gusto.

  I smiled to myself at my fluent Spanish. It translated roughly to 'Hi, Tom. I call myself (Y/N). Nice to meet you.' That was until he responded. It made my day even better.

  U-umm... hola? I don't know Spanish.

  Don't worry. It was my own way of saying 'hi'.

  I giggled, and decided that maybe, he wasn't going to be so bad. Lovers, probably not. But, friends was a definite as we learned more about each other. I wanted to meet him, so I asked him to meet me at a diner in London. So, earlier than usual, I appeared at a small table and already ordered. As soon as the waitress came back with my order, the door opened. I blushed madly as a man walked.

 I blushed madly as a man walked

  God, he was handsome. I was about to concentrate on my food before he asked the waitress something. I bolted straight up as I heard his sweet accent. It sounded more American that British. It can't be him...

  "Is (Y/N) here? I am supposed to meet her," he asked kindly. The waitress smiled and pointed at my table. He looked over and smiled. He walked over and sat across from me. I froze up, not understanding fully.

  "Hi, (Y/N). I'm Tom," he explained as he held out his hand. I shook it, realizing how much bigger it was than mine. He chuckled softly and looked into my eyes. I blushed a little harder and he smiled and snickered. His eyebrow arched to signal sarcastic confusion.

  "What? Am I 'too hot to handle'?" he asked jokingly. Though, his looms weren't a joke. I nodded, making his blush. We sat there, blushing, as we looked at each other for a minute. Then he spoke up awkwardly.

  "Aren't you going to eat?" he asked. I jumped at the sudden sound of his voice and nodded. I started eating slowly as I watched him. He tilted his head, and I glanced down. I finally finished my food, and then he smiled.

  "So... what do you do for work?"

(Time Skip)

  We finished our talk, and we decided that we should go out to see movie. Not as a date, but as friends. At least, I hoped. I mean, every minute I was near him, I fell harder for him, but it wasn't a good idea to jump into this. I bought a popcorn and two sodas as Tom picked out their seats. But, as we sat down, I realized that his arm was around my shoulders. I blushed as he did this, leaning against him.

  After the movie, me and Tom parted ways. I thought we were just gonna stay friends, as I expected. I didn't want a lover yet. Though, if it were Tom, exceptions could be made. Then, I got a text message from Tom.

  I liked that. Wanna go out with me again? ❤

  And with that, love became part of my plan for life.