Game Stop (Edd X Gamer! Reader)

(Gender neutral.)

(Y/N)'s POV

  "What!?"

  "I'm sorry, but the game you're asking for is out of stock," the 16-year-old, pimply Game Stop cashier instructed me.

  "You didn't even look!" I cried in outrage.

  "I don't have to. We ran out a few days ago, and the delivery truck hasn't arrived yet," he said slowly.

  I groaned in disbelief and frustration. I headed out of the Game Stop, the bell tinkling joyfully above me. I ignored it as I stomped home, where I shoved the door open and threw myself on the couch. Edd saw me scream into one of the throw pillows as I writhed in my anger. He sighed and sat beside me.

  "It's just a game, (Y/N),"

  The look of pure shock spread on my face. "'Just a game'?! I am repulsed by you, Gold!" He just chuckled that God-like laugh and watched me with deep brown, dark chocolate eyes.

  "It's not going to kill you to be without it for a few days,"

  Although I knew Edd was right, I felt hollow without a new game to play. Oh God, I sound like Tord, now. Speaking of the devil in red, he walked into the kitchen to pour himself a bowl of cereal. He had a particular favorite; Fruit Loops. He deeply accented laugh echoed the room.

  "Poor (Y/N) doesn't have a new game to waste away in front of," he teased. Not being in the mood, I growled at him before stomping off to my room. Edd sighed, and went to follow me.

  And so, the cycle repeated. The next morning, I went straight to the Game Stop and asked about the game. They still didn't have it, so I got upset. I ceremoniously stomped home and threw myself on the couch, to Edd's dismay. One of his calloused hands held my shoulder. Soft hair as brown as his eyes swept seriously into his face.

  "You can't keep getting mad at a video game. It's not healthy. Find something to do... maybe beat another video game,"

  "I already beat them all,"

  "Then beat one again," Edd huffed indignantly, "I am not dealing with you getting upset because a video game didn't come in."

  "But Edd-,"

  "It's because I care about you!" he finally said, finality in his voice.

  Silence filled the room.

  "(Y/N), like it or not, you can't keep getting angry over a video game. It's killing me, seeing you so upset. Find a book to read, or rent some movies. We are not going to live like this," he ordered. I nodded obediently, because what else can you do?

  "Thank you," Edd smiles.

(Time Skip)

  "Finally!" I screeched as I ran into the house. In my hands, the brand new video game. Edd watched me as I bulleted to my room, until he yanked me back by the hood of my hoodie.

  "Whoa whoa whoa, what are you doing?"

  "Going to play video games, duh," I replied with a hint of teasing in my voice.

  "No, you're not. You didn't eat breakfast, and knowing you, you won't until that game is beat,"

  I groaned, heading towards the kitchen in a slow pace. Matt ate the last poptart, as I could tell by the guilty look on his crumb-ridden face. That meant I had to snag some of Tord's sacred Fruit Loops if I were to have breakfast. After I poured a heaping bowl topped with milk, I ate at the dining room table beside Matt, who was pleased I didn't kill him over the poptart. While so knew Tord would kill me, I kept eating. Edd sat beside me, smiling.

  "Better!" he chirped. I chuckled at his genuine care for me. That's when Matt gasped and I froze. Edd kissed my head.

  "I'm glad you're happy again,"