Undying Love (Zombeh! Tord X Zombeh! Reader)

(Requested by cutekawiavivy)

(Y/N)'s POV

  Apocalypse is exactly how you would describe it. Boarded up or destroyed buildings scatter the city. The only light was from fire or the red sunset. Zombehs roamed the town as mindless beasts of the darkness. Yet, one was quite different.

  Tord was banging on the doors to a gun store. His whimpers were growing louder and more sad. He finally broke the glass to one of the doors and crawled in. He took joy in looking at all of them. There were rifles, pistols, shotguns, handguns, snipers, and machine guns. He gladly picked out his favorite - a black handheld .22 pistol.

  "Tord, leave the guns alone!" I shout at him. Though, it sounded more like unintelligible gargles. The rot in my throat and the blood filling my lungs were not helping my vocal chords. Tord left the store, affectionately cradling the pistol. I rolled my glassy (e/c) eyes.

  Tord always had an aggressive flare, but it went tenfold when he was effected. The world seemed like a giant bloodbath already. Why not add on to it? Tord and I have some of the largest IQs of the zombehs. We were some of the last to get infected and we knew how to preserve our intelligence. Too bad the other zombehs weren't as clever.

  I turn from Tord to watch another zombeh, without their legs, crawl into a pit of fire. Intentional or not, they began to burn anyway. Their scream of agony was drowned out by Tord's squeal of glee. He loads the pistol as he grins. My attention slowly turns back to him.

  "It's loaded!" he squeaks. I sigh and shake my head. Unfortunately, this was a dumb move. I hardly blink as my head rolls of my shoulders and onto the potholed pavement. I go to grab it and slam it back on my neck. Tord watched like I just merely dropped my keys.

  "Tord, what use is a gun, anyway? We are already considered dead. The world is at our feet. And it's not like we can kill other zombehs. They can't be killed. Don't let the prospect of free stuff make you loose your brain-,"

  "Brains....," groaned a nearby zombeh. I groan and point to them. Their rotting, moldy skin turned green from the infection. Their clothing hung off of their skeletal stature. Moth eaten shirt and jeans barely kept from sliding off his body. He seemed miserable.

  "That is exactly what I mean," I snort. Tord rolls his eyes and blows a raspberry. His caramel hair sweeps out of the way of his glimmering - yet lifeless - silver eyes. He kept his best attributes, even after he started rotting. The fire refecting off his fluffy horn-like hair was enough to inquire me to blush. It showed perfectly on my greening cheeks.

  "Someone's blushing~," Tord purrs. He smirks in confidence as I growl. My embarrassment overlooked my undying - pun intended - love for him. I stomp up to him, careful not to loose my leg. I glare into his eyes.

  "Shut up before you loose your head. Literally," I snarl. Tord throws his arms up in surrender. I just noticed that I had lifted him off the ground. I set him back down as he sighs. Yet, no air left his lips.

  "Alright, do you want me to put the pistol back?" he asks. I look at the weapon in his hand. It made him happy to have it. I deeply inhale and sigh. I look up at him and give him a dead stare. He barely blinked.

  "Keep it. As I said, there are barely any survivors left. So, what's the harm in taking it? We can use it on wild dogs, or something. Come on, let's head home," I sigh. Me and Tord walked away from the tattered building. That's when Tord kisses my cheek affectionately.

  I blush profoundly. Tord chuckles and holds me close by the shoulder.

  "I knew you liked me,"