Pacifier (Child! Edd X Child! Reader)

(Requested by Manglebound4life)

(Y/N)'s POV

  "Edd, you know I don't like it when you play with her!" I whine. He was playing with Laurel again. I was worried she would take Edd away from me. We were growing older and something had to be done. Unless, he'll fall in love with Laurel.

  "I know, I'm sorry. But how else am I going to make friends?" Edd sighs. His sweet faced looked sad for the first time in a long time. I groan and hug him. My tiny, petite hand resting in his hair. It was so comforting.

  "Edd, you don't need new friends. You'll be fine with just me, Matt, Tom, and Tord," I whisper in his ear. It was supposed to be comforting. Yet, Edd just whimpers it was a pitiful sound. I hold Edd closer. He sniffles into my shoulder.

  "I want to make new friends," he cries softly. I frown and look at Edd. Tears were bubbling up in his eyes. I wiped them away and tilted his head back. I looked into his shining brown eyes.

  "If you made new friends, I would miss you," I whimper.

  Yet, that phrase never helped me much. Edd made several new friends after that. That included Laurel. In High School, Edd and Laurel started dating, to my fuming disappointment. Yet, Laurel broke up with him and broke his heart. I was right there to pick him back up.

  "Edd, are you okay?" I ask. Edd shakes his head. His shaggy hair swaying in front of his eyes that he hid. I sigh and hug him. He was taller than me now. That meant I had to lean forward and stand on my toes to kiss him.

  "She wasn't worth your time," I huff. He smiles and blushes madly. He kisses me back, and we started dating. Yes, he would watch Laurel longingly. I hated it. To the point where I told Edd that. He apologised and never did it again.

  But, the story actually starts here. I had just moved in with Edd, Matt, Tom, and Tord. We were about 4 years into our relationship. I was waiting for him to propose or worse - break up with me. Tord always told me that if Edd broke up with me, he could be my shoulder to cry on. I told him sure, though I know what he really meant. It would be pure bliss to see Edd jealous, though.

  I was sitting on the bed, looking through old picture albums. I found one of me and Edd. We were so young. I remember that this picture was taken after he met Laurel. All he wanted to talk about was Laurel. How pretty she was, how smart she was. I scoff at the memories.

  "What are you scoffing at?" Edd chuckles. He walks into our room with a cola can in his grasp. I nuzzle into his shoulder. I whimper to show I was upset. To make it feel all better, Edd kisses me sweetly. I smile and lean into him.

  "Laurel was haunting me again," I whine. Edd groans and holds me close. His arms were strong and comforting. His soft lips pressed against my head. It was the best hug ever.

  "Don't let her get to you. She is far out of my mind, now. She wasn't the one for me. You are," he smiles. I grin and kiss him softly. He purrs and pets my hair. That's when he puts his hand in his pocket and pulled out a box.

  It was an engagement ring.

  "(Y/N), will you marry me?"