Die in my Arms (Jon X Dying! Male! Reader)

(Requested by CoriIsAwesome)

Jon's POV

This cannot be happening! Please, oh please don't be dead! I cried in my head as my shoes clicked against cold tile. My tears streaked my face as my brown hair flew in my face. My blue button-up shirt was messily pulled on. I looked ahead and saw the nurses leading (Y/N)'s bed into the ER.

I ran in to see his blacked out body. Blood coated his body and clothes. Tears welled in my eyes and streaked my cheeks. I couldn't bare to see him like this. Eduardo always made fun of me for being gay, but how can I not? His (h/c) hair soft enough that I could run my fingers through what was now matted with blood. His bright (e/c) eyes were now blood-shot and closed to the world.

"(Y/N)! Don't leave me!" I cried down the hall. He couldn't hear me, I know that. But it was reassuring to hear the doctors confirm he was alive. My heart pounded with relief, until shock nearly put me into cardiac arrest.

"He's dying, someone put him under surgery, stat!" a doctor yelled.

(Time skip)

3 hours, 40 minutes, and 36 seconds. I counted every moment I was away from (Y/N). I pictured them gutting him like a fish. It made me shiver and keep counting. I imagined his precious blood gushing from the wounds. I breathed heavily as though my brain was being deprived of air.

Tord's giant robot and shot down out house. I was about to get hit and killed. Yet, (Y/N) saved me last minute. I couldn't believe he was still alive. I held him in my arms, keeping him awake while Eduardo called 999. As soon as the ambulance arrived, he blacked out.

I watched as a doctor came out to meet me. He looked solemn. I jumped out of the fabric seat. I nearly fell, as my legs shook violently. My knees threatened to give out any second. The doctor noticed and sat me down.

"Jonathan, we cannot help (Y/N) any farther. He is dying. You may see him in his final moments," he sighs. I gasped and shook. Tears ran over my face as I wailed into my cupped hands. The doctor left me to my grief before I stood and marched to his room.

Inside, I saw him lying there. Wrapped in bandages like a grotesque Christmas present. He turned his head to me and smiles weakly. I ran to his side and let the tears flow. Tears stained his bandages as he looks up at me, the light fading from his eyes.

"Hey... Jon.. I'm glad you're alright.."

"I'm not alright, (Y/N)...! You're dying!" I pleaded for him to understand. He wouldn't.

"I did it for you, Jon... It's worth dying for you.."

"No. You should have let me die! You'd be safe and sound,"

"I couldn't let you die.."

"Why!?" I begged. He was dying. His rate dropped, his eyes grew heavy. His pulse was weak and blood ran down his chin. I saw him slipping away.

"Because I love you, Jon..." he breathed. With that, he closed his eyes. I held him close and cried. Every shakey breath killed me inside. Every lack of breath from him made it worse.

"Wake up! Please! I love you so much, (Y/N)! I need you!" I screamed. His monitor hissed as he flat lined. I held him close and whimper.

"No... You were supposed to grow old with me... Not die in my arms..." I cried.

He was gone.

(Extra Ending)

The gray sky was just as cold and depressing as (Y/N)'s grave stone. The writing on it made me feel numb. There is nothing that could make me feel happy anymore. Eduardo had to hide all the knives, blades, scissors, pills, and ropes to make sure I didn't hurt myself. Yet, I didn't need any of those things to make myself suffer. All I had to do was read (Y/N)'s stone.

Here Lies (Y/N) (L/N)
A son and friend
(MM/DD/YYYY) - March 16th, 2016
"Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness." - Napoleon Hill