2

Y/N
-

About a month after my Tobin injury, I'm warming up with Alex before a Thorns game and I groan as a ball hits me in the side.

"Tobin. Be careful. Come on." Alex says, sending the ball back to where it came from. "I'm sorry about her. She's usually professional."

"And then I show up and it becomes 'Kill Y/N Day'." I say and Alex chuckles. I sigh and take a touch before passing it to Alex who does the same for me.

"I think she just gets nervous around you."

"Please. If anything I should be getting. Nervous around you all." I say and Alex looks at me with her blue eyes and a small smile.

"Really?"

"I went to a USWNT game my freshman year of college." I say as we go get some water from the trainers.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I only had Abby's jersey and a ball. I had the entire team sign it. You asked why I only had Abby's jersey and I told you, and you gave me your jersey. I tried to give it back, but you just smiled and walked off." I say and Alex hugs me tight.

"You were adorable back then."

"And I'm not now?" I ask and she laughs.

"Nah." She says and I scoff.

"Bitch I'm hella cute."

-

At 25:30 in the first half, the ball goes out and subs come in. Tobin and Allie come in for Sara and Mana, so I move to Center so Tobin can take left and Allie takes right. As soon as the game starts again, Tobin gets the ball and passes up to Alex, so I watch the Flash's forward as she rushes Alex.

"Alex! You got drop!" I yell out, moving into space to take the drop and pass to Tobin when she calls for the ball and jog behind her as she makes a run and take the drop from her so she can get to a better position before passing it back to her so she can score. I smile as the ball hits the back of the net and I'm swooped up in a tight hug from Tobin before being put back down so we can keep playing. At half, as we all sit in the locker room listening to coach as he praises us for our winning score at the moment, but all eyes turn to Tobin and I as Tobin hands me the water bottle Alex handed to her when Coach says our names.

"Y/N, Tobin, where's all this coming from? You guys argue every ten minutes on any other day that's not gameday."

"You leave your problems off of the field on gameday unless you want to lose or get hurt." Tobin says and I nod.

"We may hate each other every other day, but while this jersey is on my back, Tobin is my sister." I say and coach nods before continuing his speech before making the appropriate substitutions, which really isn't that big of a change, just our two center backs. After he does that, we rest in relative silence, aside from the team captains telling us what we could've done better and what we need to keep doing. When we go back out and warm back up briefly before getting back on the field, Tobin high fives me as she passes me and I sigh, watching the Flash forwards as they kick off the half. As the ball comes past me when someone makes a pass, I stick my foot out and intercept it and pass the ball to Tobin, who passes up to Alex before Alex sends it to Sara, so Tobin and I shift up with the rest of the team as Sara drops it to the back defenders, who pass it to me so I can lob it to Tobin, who crosses it to Alex for another goal.

After the game, I limp off of the field after getting landed on before the last whistle blew and smile at Alex when she asks if I'm okay. I nod and walk with her into the locker room and change before going to the training room to ice my foot, which ends up with me sticking my foot in a bucket of ice water for twenty eternity long minutes. As I dry my foot, the trainer looks at my foot and tells me that I'll be out for a couple of days until the sensitivity is gone, and that we'd go from there after checking on the sensitivity. I thank him and put my sock and shoe on before going back to the locker room to get my things. On my way out, I wave to the girls who are in ice baths and go out to my car before heading home.