74

Lady Sharks won. It was really just an exhibition for both JV and Varsity, the games were set against one of the easier schools in the district, so JV came up 4 points shy of a mercy rule and Varsity actually did mercy rule. We left the last point for the second half though, I told Karen to tell the girls to do that and she listened, so we went home early after a 10-0 shut out for Varsity and a 6-0 JV shut out. I wasn't complaining, though, because I could go home, put my leg up and have some time with my girlfriend all to myself until I fell asleep and Hope took her back to the hotel in LA.

"Come here baby." Tobin says, already laying on my bed in the apartment after I had finished talking to Hope about the JV game because I was asked for my opinion on JV's performance, and I was about to give it to the JV coach via FaceTime while I use my girlfriend as a pillow. I sit on the bed and set my crutches where I usually do as I lay down with my head on her stomach and pull out my phone and call Sarah, she answers after six rings and gives me a smile which I return.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You asked about JV's performance today. I would've gotten to you sooner but I had to talk to Hope."

"Alright. Hit me."

"Their pace and intensity could've been a lot better for how they've been training and who we were playing. The girl who runs with the hands, someone needs to work with her."

"On?"

"Everything, confidence, attitude, like, I get that she's new to the game, which is why she's on JV, but she's obviously going for that band next season at best, but she's too gentle and too hesitant."

"Well she did have a scary concussion last year."

"Well Desiree Scott has stepped on both myself and my girlfriend on multiple occasions and I still get at her like she didn't step on me or happen to be present as an opposing force when I got my triad. Yes. She's just a kid, but I'm technically still a kid, kinda, not really, but even as a kid, I-"

"Y/N."

"Yeah, you're right. We just need to get her an Ali headband. Safety blanket, you know, and something to help remind her to keep her hands down. She's gonna get a hand ball if she keeps that up. She's a good kid and all, but she needs some work. Throw ins seem to be an issue for most of your girls, too. Most of them are too scared to take them because they don't know how."

"That all?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty much done. You've probably got your own notes on what needs to be fixed, don't want to make you look like a drill sergeant to the girls."

"Alright, thanks, see you." She says and I nod as she hangs up. When she's off my screen, I set my phone to the side and snuggle up to Tobin and press my nose to her neck since I had moved up to properly snuggle.

"I wish I could keep you right here by my side forever, but no, you have to go and be important to the team." I say, petulance dripping from my voice as I spoke the last part.

"Don't be like that, come on." She says and I sigh.

"I know. I just miss you. You should hurt your back again so you can come back and recover with me." I say and squeal as Tobin pokes the small of my back, so I bite her neck.

"Babe, no biting." She says and I giggle as I release her neck and kiss it softly.

"No poking then." I say and she chuckles, poking me again, so I bite her neck again. "Tobin, I swear." I say as I sit up a little and she smiles at me, kissing me softly.

"I love you." She says and I smile.

"I love you too."

-