15

Y/N
-

I groan as I stand defensively in front of Tobin as we scrimmage each other, since, you know, we're in Orlando, Pride wanted to scrimmage, and yeah, as a middie, I should probably be doing this, but like, she's in the attacking third, my defenders should be doing this. I look up at Tobin and see her looking right back at me and squeak as she winks at me at the same that she megs me.

"Rude!" I yell after Tobin as she runs circles around the girls on my team and fall to the ground when I'm run over by someone.

"Oh my god, Y/N." Alex says and I just stay on the ground, trying to catch my breath "Y/N." Alex says and I sigh, rolling over onto my back as I feel her kneel by me.

"Chill, Lex, I'm good." I say as I feel a knee softly hit my shoulder and see Tobin looking down at me, worry in her eyes. I reach my hand up for her to take and smile up at her when she takes it, panting as well, because she stays doing the most.

"Don't scare us like that." Tobin and Alex say and I nod.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm alright, baby." I say and kiss Tobin's hand before letting her and Alex help me back onto my feet. "Just kinda got used to the vacation life." I say and Tobin nods.

"I told you we should've been training more than we were."

"And I told you that we're in Florida, not Oregon, we deserve a break, you deserve a vacation." I say and Tobin smiles.

"Yeah, no, there's no vacation at our level." Ashlyn says and I sigh.

"Let a rookie dream, Ash." I say and she shrugs.

"You're not a rookie. Just a new kid." Ashlyn says and I roll my eyes as we all walk to the bench to rest.

The next day, as Tobin and I are training with the Pride again, this time in the gym, I groan as my arms start screaming for me to stop with the ropes while Alex screams for me to do the exact opposite, so I listen to Alex instead of my own body.

"One more minute! One more minute! You're almost there! You got this! Keep it up!" Alex yells, standing behind me as Tobin watches from where Ashlyn is forcing her to do squats. "Alright, rest for a second and then get up." Alex says and I drop the ropes and lean back against Alex's knees while I wait for the feeling to return to my arms, after a few seconds, I'm hefted up to my feet and I look at Alex. "Don't look at me like that, come on, we're going outside."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm going to work your ass of like you told me to and what I say goes because you made me your temporary trainer."

"Why do you hate me?" I ask as I'm dragged outside by my limp arm.

"I do this because I love you." Alex says and I roll my eyes.

"And rapists stick around to raise the child they made." I say and Alex glares at me. "What? I think I'd rather run barefoot on a bed of legos than do this." I say as I put my shin pads and cleats on next to Alex as she does the same.

"Stop." Alex says and I sigh, but follow her onto the pitch where hell awaits. The scariest looking fitness track ever. How'd she even get track hurdles?

"Why do you have hurdles for track?"

"Why not?"

"Because this is Orlando Pride FC. Not Team USA track." I say and Alex shrugs.

"Too bad, get going on that." Alex says and I look from the shit that awaits me, back to Alex,

"Um, no? I had a great breakfast, and I'd love to keep it in my stomach, thanks." I say and Alex sighs.