10

I sigh as I walk through the Boston Airport, since it's boot camp and National Team game time. I'm flying solo this time, since my flight just got to Boston and it's 4 in the morning. I adjust my glasses and slip my beanie on because my ears got cold on the plane. I move the hair sticking out of my beanie on the front, out of my eyes and adjust my carryon bag as I walk to luggage claim to grab my other backpack that has my kits in it. I walk out to where the cars are and find my über and get in, the driver takes me to the hotel as I scroll through my phone and look at Boston. I'm not new to the city, but I can still admire the sights. Since last time I was in Boston was night before last, in my living room, on Fallout 4, because like I said, I'm a nerd. Once I'm at the hotel, I pay the driver and thank her for the ride as I take my bags into the hotel to check in with the info Jill told me to give the desk person.

"Yeah, I'm here for the last reservation under thee name 'Ellis'." I say and the kid, who couldn't be more than four years younger than myself, types it into the computer.

"Jill Ellis?" He asks and I nod. He returns the nod and gives me a set of room keys and wishes me a great morning, as I do the same while walking to the elevators to get to the fourth floor, my room being room 403. I get into my room and see everything off and hear one of my teammates snoring, so I go in as quietly as possible and take the empty bed, crawling in after only kicking off my shoes and taking my glasses off.

In the morning, I wake up to silence, my roommate is gone, either to practice or breakfast, depending on the time, so I look at the digital clock on the night stand between the bed and read the bleak green numbers that read 9:30. I sigh as I get up and shower before changing into some different clothes and head down to breakfast, where I find the whole team eating, Tobin, Alex, Christen and a few others are off in a corner and the rest are kinda just scattered or not here. I fill my plate and go sit by Alex. Since there's no empty seat by Tobin. Everyone looks at me and just stares.

"You cut your hair." Press says and I nod.

"Yeah. Bout five days ago."

"When'd you land?" Alex asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, hugging me.

"4 this morning." I say and she nods, releasing me as Tobin continues to stare.

"Well, it's good you could join us today."

"Is it really? I think I hear my bed calling my name." I say before I begin to eat, listening as everyone falls back into their own conversations while I eat in an exhausted silence. After I eat, I throw my trash away and decide to go back up to my room to relax a little before practice at 11.

After practice, I get on the bus with the team and sit by one of the windows, looking over as the new girl on the team sits beside me she's not really that new. She's been to two boot camps, but those were two boot camps I couldn't go to.

"Hi." She says and I look over.

"Hey." I say and she blushes a little.

"I'm Jaelin." She says, holding her hand out to me, I take it and shake it, offering a friendly smile.

"Y/N."

"I know."

"Cool." I say and she blushes again, so I turn my full attention to her. "What position do you play?"

"Central Mid." She says and I nod, playing it cool, but on the inside, I'm wondering why Jill recruited another Middie. When we could really use another sub for Ash. Since Hope is gone.

"Cool." I say and she nods. "What university did you go to?"

"I'm uh, actually in high school. I'm 17." She says and I raise an eyebrow. A 17 year old on the full National Team? What?