70

When Kaila leaves me at the athlete dorms, she hugs me briefly before walking off as I walk into the building, and ignore Krista as she talks shit to me from the main lounge, Steph, though, hops up from the couch he was lounging on and jogs over to me, matching my pace as I walk over to the elevators, and call one down.

"Where'd you go?" He asks and I shrug.

"Out." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Duh."

"I went to dinner with a friend and we took a walk afterward, why?"

"I was going to see if you wanted to work out, but your girls on your floor said you were out." He says as I step onto the elevator, he follows me onto the elevator and I press the button for my floor.

"Sorry, man." I say and he shrugs.

"Tobin said I should let you rest anyway." He says and I chuckle as the elevator doors open and I step out off it.

"Maybe Friday night." I say and he nods, pressing a button and disappearing behind the elevator door as my name is called, so I look to my left to see Newt, Sammy, Chelsea, Jackie, and Tobin walking toward me, of course, Tobin reaches me first and kisses me softly before intertwining our fingers.

"So how'd it go with Hunt?" Sammy asks and I shrug.

"Normal."

"Normal?" Newt questions and I shrug.

"Yeah, we spoke the entire time we were out, she wants to get back into softball, didn't think she'd make it, I convinced her to at least try, now I'm here, and ready for bed." I explain and all the softball girls share looks before nodding and walking off, leaving Tobin and I alone outside our room, so we opt to get ready for bed, rather than joining the team's movie night, despite Ash's begging.

In the morning, I smile as I wake up in Tobin's arms still and kiss under her jaw softly before getting out of bed and ready for practice, because Tobin had woken up as I got out of bed, and when we're ready, we go meet the team on the bus and we go through the first practice of the day and get breakfast before going up to our rooms to bathe, relax and prepare for our next practice in seven hours at five.

"Ice bath?" Carli asks and I nod, following her, letting Tobin take my bag from me.

-

I sigh as I sit in the training room getting my ankles taped before the Canada game, and when my ankles were done, I put my socks on and headed to the locker room so I could finish getting ready, putting my shin guards on, slipping on my cleats, and changing into my jersey out of my PTFC 2015 shirt that I let Ash turn into a low cut tank top a few years ago. We were all half way through our pregame rituals, Ash with her tape job and sharks, me with my tape jobs, and now I just needed to stuff myself into my locker with my music up, Tobin and Alex were gone in visualization land, and so on. When we were out warming up, most of us kept our music in as we went through the drills Dawn had set up for us, and just went through it, still preparing for the game, and when we kicked off, I was on the back line with Ali, Becky, and Kelley. Alex was up top, and Tobin, Sam, Carli, Morgan, and Pinoe were in the midfield.

A rough 45 minutes later, we were still yet to score the first goal of the night, and we all knew what time it was as Jill and the rest of the staff came in.