41

I sigh as I get up off the ground and flip my hair out of my face after blocking a shot from Alex.

"You look like you're struggling."Ali says and I look at her, raising my brow at her. "With your hair I mean. I have an extra hair tie." Ali says and I nod, rolling the ball to Alex, telling the girls to get a drink, since Tom was off on a phone call. "Sit down." She says and I shrug, plopping down on the ground in front of her and letting her put my hair up in the little bun for me. Once she says she's done, she helps me up and walks with me over to the bench so we can get some water. After a few minutes, we take the field again and get back into practicing, field players go off and work while Lloyd works with me, since Caroline fucked up her shoulder again, and Ash is still out, granted, it's only been two days since the game, but still. I'm really starting to miss the field.

"Good, just like that, but quicker." Lloyd says and I nod as I get up and go through the little footwork course he's got set up in front of the goal and dive to the ball after Lloyd strikes it and put it off to the side, getting up and punching the next strike the opposite direction, and stay on my knee, catching the strike that comes right at me and throw it out past Lloyd when he yells for me to, getting up when he says to rest for a second while he and Caroline get the balls. When the balls are gathered, Lloyd lets me work on my goal kicks, since everyone else was working by the opposite goal, I had plenty of room, hopefully. I had an entire ball bag to work through, so I dumped them out onto the turf and struck ball after ball, Lloyd being down field levelling the balls and sending them back, after a while, Tom releases practice, but I stay longer to keep working and when I do get home it's two, and practice goes from 10-12.

"Oh, good, I was starting to think you died or something." Ash says, hobbling toward me from her room. "I'm starving, let's go stuff our faces." She says and I shrug, setting my kit bag down and walking out of the house to my Jeep, Ash gets in slowly as I pair my phone to the stereo, playing Redbone as I look at Ash.

"Where the hell are we going?" I ask and she chuckles.

-

When we get home from eating, I sigh as I help Ash out of the Jeep and into the house, I lay her on the couch and put a hand on her chest when she tries to sit up.

"I know you haven't iced that hip down, Ashlyn Harris. Lay there and I'll make the ice bag, then I'll get a shower and when I get out, you can take it off and do your normal Ash things, but if I see your shark ass off of this couch before I get to my room, I will sit on you for the entire twenty minutes." I say and Ash sighs.

"Hard to imagine what you'd do to Tobin if she was hurt like this."

"I would duct tape her ass to the couch. Maybe feed her some knock out pills because she's stubborn as fuck." I say before heading to the kitchen to grab a plastic bag, filling it with ice, tying it closed, and walking back into the living room, tossing Ash the ice bag. "I'll sit on you if you get up." I say, pointing to Ash, who huffs, rolling her eyes at me before I head to my room so I can get ready for my shower.

It's the Friday before our game against Houston, Caroline and Ash are still out, but today, Ash decided to come to practice with me, so I left her in the locker room when Ali came in saying that Tom was asking to see me in his office, so that's where I'm headed, when I reach his door, he looks up at me and smiles.

"Y/N, just the woman I wanted to see. Come in, come in." He says, so I step into his office further and look at him. "I just got a package from Nike, with a note taped to it that says that you should be the one to open it, so here you are." Tom says so I sit down, taking the box from him and the box cutter he hands me I open the box, pulling out the keepers uniforms home and away, and like three training uniforms, with my number on al of them, and then look at the shoe box at the bottom of the box, so I take it out and look up at Tom. "It's all yours." He says, taking the box and box cutter from me. "Go get ready for practice, captain." He says and I nod, getting up and heading to the locker room after thanking him, when I get to my locker, I set everything down and open one of the training uniforms after tossing Ash her training shirt, putting mine on and opening the shoe box to see the new Mercurials.