55

"So like, what's in the box?" Emily asks as we al walk into the locker room, and I sigh, not really wanting to do this here.

"Not in here, Emily, please." I say as I start changing out of my training kit and back into my comfy shorts and long sleeve Thorns shirt. It had been raining all night and most of the morning. Still is raining, actually.

"Yes here." Emily says and I sigh. "I'll call my twin on you." Emily threatens and I shrug.

"Go ahead, Sonnett. I don't care. I'm not going to tell you what's in that box because it's for Y/N and Y/N only. You could call the president and I'd flee the country. I don't wanna be near that thing. I'm not telling either Sonnett." I say, packing my kit bag up and leaving the stadium, to Y/N's Range Rover. I'm driving it today just so Y/N won't think I ignored her cars when she comes home for a small bit of the off season. Whether or not she decides to stay in Orlando for another season and a half doesn't matter, she told me she was coming home for a little while, and probably taking Sortzen with her if she signs with Orlando again. I get in and drive home, smiling as I pet Sortzen as he greets me like always. I head up to the room and shower before getting into some comfy clothes and go down to the living room, curling up on the couch with Sortzen and just relaxing, until there's a knock on the front door, Sortzen of course, sprints to the front door and barks at whoever is on the other side, so I go answer it and groan as I see the Sonnett twins on my doorstep.

"Where'd she come from?"

"I'm in town visiting. And Emily says you won't tell her what's in a box?" Emma says and I sigh, letting the twins into my house.

"Because it's none of her business."

"You said it was for Y/N though."

"Yeah. And last time I checked, Emily Sonnett is not Y/N Y/L/N." I say and Emma just looks at me, calm and collected.

"May I see the box? As a close friend of Y/N's I'm curious as to what my twin is making such a big deal about." Emma says and I sigh, pointing to the box on the coffee table. "This is a ring box." Emma says and I nod.

"Very observant, I see." I say and Emma glares at me.

-
Ashlyn
-

Y/N comes out of Tom's office looking more conflicted than the day she told me about the loan offer.

"I hate transfer windows." Y/N mumbles and I furrow my brow.

"Why?"

"Houston wants me now, too, and they want to buy me from Portland. They don't plan on giving me a loan for here though. Like, ever."

"So?" I ask and Y/N sighs.

"I'd love to play club with Moe and Carli, but if I only get to play against my Pride, it's not happening." Y/N says and I smile.

"So why is World War III going on in your head?"

"Orlando has put a bid in for me as well."

"Do you know who is offering the most?" I ask as we sit in the locker room.

"Tom said Houston is offering a pretty penny for me. I just hope Mark either says no to Houston, or-"

"Wait, you can say no to Houston." I say and Y/N lights up like a damn light.

"I'll be back." She says before disappearing. Y/N reappeared smiling and hugged me tight.

"Did I do a thing?" I ask and Y/N nods.

"You got me out of playing for Houston under their stupid conditions." Y/N says and I nod.

"Good to know."