36

I groan as I wake up on Christmas morning to Tobin yelling along to All I Want For Christmas.

"Can you be quiet?" I ask, throwing her pillow at her, where she was standing in front of the TV, brushing her hair.

"No, it's Christmas. Come on. Get up."

"All I want for Christmas is sleep." I mumble, pulling the blankets up, over my shoulders.

"Nope. If you go back to sleep, I'll drop you in the snow outside." Tobin says and I glare at her as she comes and straddles my hips.

"Go away." I mumble, but grab the mattress as she grabs me and tries to get me out of bed. "I'll sick my dad on you."

"Your dad loves me."

"Dad!" I yell out, since this room is between Lydia's and my parents' rooms. My folks' room having a door connecting this room and that one. A few seconds later, dad rushes in and Tobin lets go of me, getting off and backing away as my dad glares at her, so I jump on him and hang from his back. "Thanks dad." I say and he looks at me.

"I thought she was hurting you."

"She was gonna do worse. She was gonna throw me in the snow." I say and dad chuckles, prying me off of him and tosses me onto the bed.

"Get ready guys. We're going to go get food." We left all of our gifts at home. It just made sense. Once dad is gone, I get up and get dressed and crawl over the spare bed, over Tobin and straddle her waist, kissing her softly before getting off and waiting for her to follow me out of the room.

On New Year's day, it had been warm since Christmas day. So Dad insisted we all go golfing.

"This is gonna be fun." Tobin mumbles as I drive the golf cart behind the one my parents are in.

"Hey, be glad we don't have Kelley here. We'd be fucking dead."

"True. We can at least hit the ball the right way."

"Soccer golf should be a thing. Soccer tennis is, where's Soccer golf?" I ask and Tobin chuckles.

"I think it's in Portland."

"Of course it's at home." I say and Tobin laughs as I park at the first hole. "Guess what we're doing when we get the time.

"No idea. Maybe soccer golf?"

"Yup." I say, smiling as Bri hobbles over to me, holding her arms up at me, so I pick her up and settle her on my hip, walking over to where we're going to tee off the hole.

"Y/N, your turn." Bri says and I nod, handing Bri off to Tobin, taking my club from her and taking my turn.

After a while, we head inside after finishing our game, and decide to relax, Lydia takes Bri with her out on the paddle boats, my folks head to the pool, and Tobin and I, being the children we are, head to the arcade.

"The games are different." Tobin and I complain at the same time.

"Of course they keep Batman." I say and look at Tobin as she stares at me.

"Not gonna comment." Tobin says before walking over to the token machine, getting us some tokens. Once we've got them, we spend a while in the arcade before deciding to go outside and go for a walk along the river. So we leave the arcade, walk to the stairs, and I chuckle as Tobin flicks the quarter she had in her pocket into the big basket fountain placed in front of the stairs as we walk down them without looking at it. Once we're off the stairs, she intertwines our fingers as we head out of the door closest to us and go down the other flights of stairs, walking onto the gravel path, enjoying the warmth and the gentle breeze as we walk. As we reach the dock where the paddle boats come in, I smile as Bri waves at us from the paddle boat that Lydia rented, waving back at my niece, smiling as I see Tobin waving too out of the corner of my eye. I put my head on her shoulder and sit at one of the little tables with her, watching Lydia do all the work since Bri is too tiny to do anything but sit there and hope that her mother doesn't get them stuck out there. When they get back in, Lydia gets the life jacket off of Bri and takes her hand, walking with her over to us, and I smile as Bri comes over and settles in my lap.