67

Alex
-

"Hey, Hugo." Coach says as I leave my dorm, so I look over.

"How can I help you?" I ask and she sighs.

"I need to ask you to stay away from those two soccer players you were just with. At least until after the games." She says and I furrow my brow.

"What? Why?"

"We don't want you guys to be distracted."

"We?"

"The soccer team's coaching staff and our coaching staff."

"So you don't want any distractions, but we'll be distracted by being pissed at the fact that we can't enjoy the fact that we're unable to enjoy this experience with our friends, with one of my best friends." I say before walking away.

"Where are you going, Hugo?"

"To work out, keep myself from getting distracted by one of the people that kept me focused on this sport. Kept me focused on what got you to come to my door, begging me to join the team." I say before following some of the girls out and to the practice field.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I get out of the shower after my workout and smile when I see Tobin looking at me with that lovey dovey expression of hers.

"Hi there, roomie." I say and she smiles as I walk over to her, towel drying my hair, in some shorts and a shirt I stole from Tobin's bag before my shower. She was off helping Alex with a little debate between her and Serv, so, why not, right?

"Is that my shirt?" She asks, wrapping her arms around me as she sits up and pulling me to sit straddling her lap.

"Hm, no, I think it's mine." I say, smiling as she slips the towel from my grasp and sets it to the side before cupping my cheek.

"Are you sure? Because I don't recall the love of my life being on the 2020 Thorns roster." Tobin says, tugging at the 2020 PTFC racer back shirt I was wearing.

"Pretty sure. I stole it from the love of my life, and I know she'll mind, but I don't really care, it was too big for her anyway." I say, putting my forehead to hers, smiling.

"Because it was for my girlfriend." Tobin says and I rest my arms on her shoulders, playing with her hair.

"Well, your girlfriend likes it." I say and laugh when she does before kissing her softly. "Also, go get a shower, you're still all gooey and sweaty, and yuck." I say and Tobin rolls her eyes at me, moving me to lay on the bed before getting her own shower. As she's showering, I get a text from Alex, so I check it and furrow my brow at what she's saying.

Newt: Our coaches aren't going to let us hang out during the games.

So I of course get up and go find Jill talking with Dawn in the lounge of our floor.

"Y/N, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Dawn asks and I sigh.

"I just got a text from Alex Hugo, she's on the softball team, she just told me something and I'm hoping it's a joke."

"Oh, about you three not being allowed to hang around each other? Yeah, it's a thing, the softball coach came to us with concerns about miss Hugo. It's her first Olympics, the coach just wants to make sure she performs her best while we're all here. It's nothing personal, believe me." Dawn says and I look at Jill.

"Is there a way I could speak to the softball team's coach? Tobin, Alex and I were planning on getting dinner, and maybe if I could convince the coach to let us have that one instance together, I could talk to Alex about this. I know her and she's probably pissed, and she works on her batting when she's pissed, I'd rather not have my best friend injure herself because the coach thinks she knows whats best for someone she barely knows. I know I can get Alex to understand why both coaches have agreed to this." I say and Jill sighs.