12

In Portland, after my season ended and I'm visiting Tobin before I have to pack up my house in the U.K. to come back to the States, I sigh as we cuddle up on Tobin's couch after her practice, where I was invited back to Thorns FC next season. Which I'm very heavily considering, but I've also got other offers, Orlando wants me back, but I'm not sure yet. Like Alex will be back in Orlando next season, but my girlfriend is in Portland and it's a battle between my best friend and my girlfriend.

"I'm so happy you're here." Tobin says from behind me, where she's holding me around the waist, her nose pressed against the nape of my neck as we relax to the sound of Bend It Like Beckham. Don't judge, I wanted to flash back to my childhood for a couple hours. Also, mistaken lesbians. Best things ever

"I'm happy to be here." I say, turning over in her arms and reaching up to kiss her, smiling as she kisses back almost hungrily. After a bit, I pull away and giggle a little as I put my hand against her chest as she tries to reconnect the kiss. "Tobin, what did I say about sex?"

"But why?"Tobin asks and I roll my eyes at her.

"Because I'm not ready to have sex again yet. My first time was a mistake and I regret it dearly."

"So it doesn't technically doesn't count."

"Who told you that?"

"Well, if you were ashamed of it, you wouldn't count it, you'd say that you're still a virgin, are you ashamed of it?" Tobin asks and I chuckle. 

"Okay, fine, I'm a World Cup champion, Olympian, 25 year old virgin. Happy?" I ask and Tobin smiles.

"You're so cute when you want to strangle me." Tobin says, kissing my nose and I smack her chest softly, laughing into it as I cuddle into her.

-

That night, after we had gone out on a very romantic date that Tobin planned while I napped on her in the living room earlier, we went back to her house and got ready for bed, as I came out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went out into the bedroom to get dressed, and as I was pulling pajamas from my bag, arms wrapped around me and a gentle kiss was placed on my shoulder.

"Welcome back, beautiful." Tobin mumbles in my ear and I chuckle at her.

"I was only in the shower, babe." I say and she smiles.

"But it feels like you went to Russia for thirty years." Tobin says and I smile, turning to smile up at my girlfriend, grabbing her by her jaw and pulling her down in a kiss.

"You're ridiculous. Get in bed, I'll be there in a minute." I say and Tobin nods.

"Yes, boss." She says before hopping in my bed and I chuckle watching her before getting dressed. Once I'm dressed, I climb into bed next to Tobin and squeak as I'm abruptly pulled into her, but relax into her after a second. "I love you so much." Tobin says quietly to me after the lights are turned off.

"I love you too." I say, smiling against Tobin's neck, placing a soft kiss against it. "You know that."

"I can't wait."

"For what? Me to let you fuck me?"

"No, for my girlfriend to come back to the U.S. after this season, I miss her so much." Tobin says and I chuckle.

"Oh yeah? Do I know this girlfriend?" I ask and Tobin smiles down at me.

"You better."

"Why's that?"

"Because it's your twin." Tobin says, pinning me to the bed and straddling my stomach.

"Tobin!" I squeal out and she laughs. "Don't you dare tickle me." I say and Tobin pouts down at me. 

"Oh, Y/N/N, how do you know I'm going to tickle you?" Tobin asks and I huff.

"We've only been dating for 11 months and 17 days." I say and Tobin smiles

"You're counting, aren't you?" Tobin asks and I shrug.

"Someone has to, I know you lost count at the six month mark." I say and squeal as Tobin tickles me in response.

"Oh yeah? Say it again, I dare you." Tobin says, laughing with me as I flail my legs.

"You lost count five months ago!" I squeal out, still squirming around.

"You're right. I did." Tobin says, stopping and I take a deep breath and wipe the tears that formed at the corners of my eyes as I laughed.

"I knew it."

"It's hard to keep track of anything around you." Tobin says and I smile.

"Aw." I say and she smiles. "Shut up so I can sleep." I say, pushing her off of me and pulling her back to cuddle with me.

"Sassy." Tobin says and I giggle.

"You love my sass." I say and Tobin chuckles.

"Are you staying for my game next week?" Tobin asks, playing with my hair and I hum a little.

"I'm not sure, I need to go back to Sortzen and start packing." I say and Tobin sighs. "But I'm sure you'll win against Sky Blue."

"Can I have a good luck charm when you leave then?"

"Which jersey do you want?" I ask, already knowing Tobin's little tradition of asking for my jersey when I leave before games.

"Your Orlando one, you looked so cute in it."

"You're lucky I brought that one." I say and Tobin smiles.

"I knew you did. I saw you messing with it a minute ago." Tobin says and I chuckle before letting myself fall asleep.

-

When I'm leaving Tobin to get to my gate at the airport, she grabs me and pulls me back to her for the seventh kiss since I checked in at the airport. When I pull away, I chuckle.

"I'll be back in a couple of weeks, baby." I say and Tobin sighs.

"Why do you have to even leave in the first place?" Tobin asks and I sigh.

"Because I have to move back to the States."

"Alright, fine." Tobin relents and I sigh, kissing her quickly before walking off, looking over my shoulder to see her holding my purple Orlando Pride jersey to her nose adorably.

-
Tobin
-

Three weeks after Y/N left, I was standing in the airport, waiting for her again, but this time, most of her things were in my house and Sortzen was with her this time, because this time, when she flies in, the only reason she's flying out again is if she's flying somewhere in the country, no more international relationship. Though, I'm pretty sure she's signing back with Thorns FC, to make life easy on her so she doesn't have to move anywhere else, and since Kling is still Y/N's tenant, I'm making Y/N live with me for the season, if she signs with Portland. This time, instead of Y/N being the first one to find me, I smile as Sortzen runs up to me and jumps up and down enthusiastically, so I kneel down and pet my girlfriend's dog, smiling as he licks my cheek, looking up at his beautiful owner as she awkwardly jogs over to us, struggling with her bags, so I take her duffles while she takes Sortzen's leash again after adjusting the strap of her backpack.