18

Ashlyn
-

"So we're doing a video on Y/N, do you have anything to say about her?" The Studio 90 interviewer asks and I chuckle a little, nodding.

"What would you like to know?"

"What kind of person is Y/N?" She asks and I grin a little.

"Y/N is a great person, she's got such a pure heart, she plays with such passion and such heart, if she does something wrong and she knows it, she'll beat herself up over the mistake while getting advice on how to fix it, but she knows how to have fun during training, more fun than we already have." I say, chuckling a little at the instances that pop into my head.

"Could you give us an example?"

"Well, when we're here at camps, or even when her and I were playing for Orlando together, before she went off to Manchester with Carli, if we're having a tense practice where nobody is laughing or joking and everybody is just not how we usually are, if we're in the middle of a scrimmage, it won't matter where she is, in goal or in the midfield, if the ball is near her, she will start screaming, just, at the top of her lungs, like she's dropping in to attack someone." I say, laughing, remembering the one time we were scrimmaging and she was in goal while I was across from her in the opposite goal and the ball went into the attacking third, she did that, and saved it. "Today's getting tense, so I can guarantee that it'll happen today." I say and she nods.

"We'll keep an eye out."

"What else would you like to know about Y/N?"

"Do you have any interesting stories about you and her facing off with each other?"

"Yeah, her first year with the Thorns, when they played Washington, the team I was on back in 2015, Alex had the ball, and my defenders were doing their job, so Y/N comes up behind Alex yelling 'drop! Drop! Alex, you got drop!', so Alex drops to Y/N and Y/N takes the ball around the defenders before lobbing it to Tobin who had shifted up to support, and after she passed to Tobin, Y/N tried to get open again to score, and she did, so it was just her and I after she got past the back line and she strikes the ball, like, drills that thing toward me, and it just nails me on the knee, which sends it back into play, to Allie, who was perfectly placed, so I'm on the ground, rolling around and Y/N just runs off to support again, scores, and then realizes that I've been down for at least a minute by then. I was fine though, we were fine, I got up, we play fought, hugged and got back into the game, I mean, it's all in the job description, you know?"

"Does she get up to any kind of locker room hi-jinks?"

"Oh yeah, definitely, before our game against Australia, we were all in the locker room, still getting dressed, and her and Tobin's lockers are always next to each other, because her jersey number is 18, and Tobin's as we know, is 17, Y/N and Tobin are sitting in front of their lockers, talking, and while they're doing that, Kelley and Kling just start yelling, kinda like Y/N does, and while those two are yelling, Y/N very sneakily steals Tobin's armband, and gives it to me once we're out on the field warming up in goal. Tobin didn't notice until fifteen minutes to game time. She'll also sometimes dance around with everyone, or other crazy pranks like that, one time, while Press was showering after practice, Y/N went to the training room and got a cup full of the purple Gatorade powder and threw it on Press as soon as she stepped out from under the spray of the shower head, and I mean, I was impressed, because Y/N was staring at her feet as she threw the Gatorade over the top of the shower, impressive timing I guess." I say and the lady nods.

"Thank you." She says, and I nod before jogging back over to practice, and back into goal as Y/N is told to work on her striking.

-