51

In the morning, when I wake up, Y/N is stretched across my stomach, on her back, dead asleep.

"She's been like that since I woke up." Ashlyn says, coming out of the bathroom, drying her wet hair with a towel. "She was talking shit to me in her sleep." Ash finishes and I chuckle, tracing Y/N's stomach over her shirt.

"Stop, leave me alone." Y/N grumbles and I chuckle.

"Let me up." I say and she huffs, rolling off of me and laying back next to me. I smile at her, kiss her cheek and get up so I can go to the bathroom

-
Y/N
-

"Y/N, come on, wake up." I hear Alex say, and I furrow my brow, sitting up and rubbing my cheek.

"The hell? Where'd you come from?"

"My mother. Now come on, get up, we're getting ready to head to the field." Alex says and I groan.

"Don't I get breakfast fist?"

"No, it's noon. Get up, get ready, or I'm coming back and dragging your as onto the bus in your pajamas." Alex says and I sigh, getting out of bed, getting dressed and meeting the team down in the lobby, where Alex tosses me a banana and an apple.

"Thanks." I say, smiling, and laughing as Ash hops to my side, ruffling my hair.

"She awakens!" Ash yells out as I bite into the apple.

"Be quiet." I say, nudging Ash's rib cage with my elbow as we head to the bus and get settled for the ride to the stadium.

"You look happy with that apple." Kling says from across the aisle.

"Very." I say, taking another bite, laughing as Kling does.

"You're pretty loose for World Cup Final day." Moe says, poking her head over the seat in front of me and I shrug.

"Ready to go back to the states."

In the locker room, we all get ready and relax before the game, I of course, get my ankle taped, and just relax until we go out to warm up, where we really just focus on doing what we need to until Roc the Mic comes on, and I laugh as Dawn yells at me.

"Keep warming up, Y/N!" She yells and I abandon my idea of dancing instead of warming up. When we go back into the locker room, we relax for the fifteen minutes we get before the starters need to line up, and of course, some of the girls dance to the music I play through my speaker, Crystal tries to get me to dance, but I opt for preserving my energy. I have a feeling this is going to be a long, hard game, and I plan on playing every second of it.

When the starters line up, I'm behind Ash, and holding the hand of an adorable as hell mascot. Mascots are always cute, but she's got the USA crest painted onto her little cheeks and the cutest smile ever. We walk out and stand on the opposite sides of the halves we're starting on, and we listen to the national anthems before shaking hands with the refs and Japan's starters. When we get to our halves, we huddle up and listen to Ashlyn, Tobin and Carli speak.

"Y/N, you've seemed pretty confident since we landed here, we're looking to you." Tobin says and I nod.

"No pressure, right? Just gotta win a World Cup Final for my team and my nation." I say and everyone nods. "Piece of cake." I finish before letting the captains finish speaking, once they're done, we break the huddle and I get into the circle with Alex, we, of course, high five like always before I set my foot atop the ball, waiting for the whistle to blow, when it does, I tap the ball to Alex and push up as Alex drops to Morgan, Morgan looks up and sees Carli open, so she passes to her, and I take the pass from Carli, heading up and trying to find my way through, but drop to Tobin and watch the ball as it goes through the midfield and our back line, until Kelley sees me unmarked and boots it up field to me, so I follow the ball behind the defenders and level the ball, sending a cross in since I was heading up the left wing, and groan as Alex's volley is blocked, but watch Carli as she comes in clutch, putting us on the board, since the ball was deflected back into play, right at Carli Lloyd's feet, like, come on Japan, I know you're still salty about 2015, but you gotta be smarter than to let Carli fuckin Lloyd have the ball with an open goal, did you not learn anything from that half line shot? We celebrate the goal before getting back into our own half, and fight for the ball for a good five minutes, where Tobin Tobins and gets me the ball, so I decide to Tobin as well and get myself into the box, and I mean, I shook the keeper pretty quick, take the shot and smirk as I score, turning to see the keeper on her stomach about a foot away from me, did she really trip on her own feet? I shrug, but laugh as my teammates jump on me, obviously happy with that goal.