35

Snow. I hate snow. I'd rather be on a beach. But this is December, and we're in the mountains. Christmas is in two days, and I saw on the news last night while Tobin was asleep, that one of the towns we went through on our way here, is going to be decently warm for a December day, so I'm taking the kit bag I packed, and heading down to that town, since it's only like a three hour drive from here.

"Where you going?" Lydia asks as we pass each other in the hall and I shrug.

"Places."

"Y/N, you're not running away, are you?"

"For a few hours. I need to get away from this snow."

"Are you going alone?"

"That was my plan. Tobin knows, said she wants to go with you guys up the mountain. What are you going to do with Bri?"

"I was going to have you watch her."

"I'll still take her. But we're going to warm weather."

"Nah, it's alright, we'll take her with us. You just be careful." Lydia says and I nod.

-
Kelley
-

"Hey, Kels, you just got a Snapchat from Y/N." I hear my sister yell from the living room as I help my mom make lunch. "Two, three, four, fuck Kels, come answer her." Erin says and I chuckle, going and grabbing my phone from her when she hands it to me, so I sit on the couch next to her and open Snapchat, opening the videos she sent me.

"God dammit, Kelley, leave me alone! I thought you were in Georgia!" Y/N yells as the camera faces her legs and the ground, until the front camera is activated to show Y/N with a squirrel sitting on her shoulder, eating something. "Bastard stole my nuts."

"Oh my god, Kels."

"I just came to Carlsbad to relax and enjoy this abnormally warm weather! The only teammate I want to be all over me like this is my girlfriend." Y/N says, the same squirrel from the first Snapchat crawling all over the front of her shirt and on her shoulders.

Then that Snapchat ends

"Wait! Kels! I didn't mean it! Kelley come back!" She sings, mimicking 'baby come back' as the squirrel runs off. "Kelley come back to me!" She continues as the squirrel continues to run off, climbing up onto a nearby tree. "Dammit. Bet you Hope is in that tree." Y/N says, turning the camera back to her. "Don't kill me."

That Snapchat ends and I roll my eyes as Erin nudges me, focusing back on the next Snapchat.

"No, fuck no, you left me, go away." Y/N says, pointing the camera at the squirrel as it sits by her. "You left me for Hope, fuck you." Y/N says, getting up and turning the camera to face her as she looks at the squirrel that's now following her. "Meow. Ah, shit. Too much time around Ash."

"You've got strange teammates."

"Be nice. I'm just as strange."

"Yeah. We know." Mom says, coming in and kissing my head. "But that's why you're you." Mom says, disappearing again and I chuckle a little.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I sit by the beach, just enjoying the warm weather this town presents.

"Hi, um excuse me." I hear from behind me and I look over to see a girl smiling at me shyly.

"Hi. How can I help you?"

"Oh, I just wanted to say that I like your haircut and outfit."

"Really?" I ask, patting the bench next to me, inviting the girl to sit down. "I promise I don't bite." I say, smiling as the girl chuckles a little.