32

"Baby. Baby. Love. What's wrong?" I ask, sliding on my knees into her side. Holding her tight as she latches onto me, sobbing into my chest as Ash, Ali, Alex, Kling, Allie and everyone else Y/N is close with comes over. "Y/N, honey. What's wrong?" I ask and she lets out a loud sob before speaking. "I can't hear you baby. Come out of my neck. You need to breathe." I say, pulling her to sit with me, smiling as she turns and sits in my lap.

"I can't believe I did it."

"You didn't cry this hard after the World Cup." Alex says and Y/N looks up at her.

"I was on the field for twenty minutes back then. I was a rookie." Y/N says as Ash dries her tears. "I'm captain of a championship team. A professional team. That's all I've ever wanted since I was old enough to trot my happy little ass behind one of these." Y/N says, picking up a game ball that's yet to be collected.

"Girls! Come on!" Mark yells and I sigh. Kissing Y/N's temple.

"I gotta go baby. I'll pick you up from your hotel in the morning?" I ask and Y/N nods.

-
Alex
-

"Yo, who's got the Bluetooth?" Y/N says from where she stands in front of her locker, her jersey freshly tossed into the locker behind her.

"I got you." Steph says and Y/N pulls out her phone and a few moments later, music begins to play. "Not today, Thorns!" Y/N yells out, a huge, brilliant smile stretching my best friend's face.

"Is that the name of the song?" I ask and Y/N looks at me.

"Hell yeah it is. By twenty one pilots." She says and I nod, smiling as some of the girls sing along while they change. When we're all dressed, I chuckle as We Are The Champions plays while the entire coaching staff walks into the locker room, so Y/N turns down the music as Tom speaks.

"Congratulations, ladies. You're champions. Have fun tonight, I'll see you in January for preseason." He says before leaving again, the others have their speeches before leaving as well, when they finally leave again, Y/N turns up the volume on That's My Girl.

As we celebrate, I smile at Y/N who stands beside me, drinking a root beer. I tried to get her to drink, but she insisted to act like she was still underage.

"It has the word beer in it. That's the closest you'll get me to beer. Especially after Manhester. If you want the story, ask Carli." 

Was Y/N's response. I wrap my arm around her shoulder, and she turns to me, smiling at me.

"We did it." Y/N says and I chuckle.

"Let's do it again in nine months, this time in France." I say, holding my beer up and Y/N nods, clinking her bottle with mine.

"To 2019."

"To 2019."

-
Y/N
-

In the morning, I groan as I wake up in the most awkward position ever, so I sit up and pop my back and groan a little louder than intend and laugh as Ash groans.

"Stop yelling, I'm hungover." Ash says and I laugh some more.

"Poor baby. I'll get Ali when I leave." I say, getting out of bed, showering and changing into sweats and my 'champions' shirt from last night, since I hung it out to dry last night. Once I'm dressed, I pack up my things and grab my medal and put it on, because if I put it in my bag, I'll never see it again. I put it under my shirt and grab my kit bag, putting on my Ash Harris hat because I gotta rep my hungover bestie. I go over and put my hand on Ash's back.

"What." Ash whines and I chuckle.

"I'm gonna go send Ali in. I'll see you in two weeks when we fly out to Columbia." I say and she groans, so I ruffle her hair and go get Ali, she follows me back to the room and I leave her with my room key before leaving her to deal with Ash's hangover because Tobin is waiting for me down in the lobby and she says that the Aussies are giving her hell. When I get to the lobby, I roll my eyes when I see that she wasn't kidding. "Aussies." I say as I walk over to Tobin.