54

Alex
-

As we train on the field, we work on shooting, and I watch Y/N take a ball, and shoot it, laughing as she does a little dance as the ball gets past Ash.

"Never again, Y/L/N!" Ash jokes as Y/N jogs over to me after getting her ball back from Aubrey.

"What was that?" I ask and Y/N shrugs, squinting against the sun in her eyes.

"Chachi calls it 'this little party thing'." Y/N says and I furrow my brow. "Chachi is a dancer. You wouldn't know her." Y/N says and I nod a little. "You're next." Y/N says, pointing behind me, so I turn around and focus on taking the ball and shooting, it goes in, because Caroilne was in goal, so as I get into the center line, Y/N passes Toni the ball, and she sets Y/N up for a goal, Y/N takes the shot, and the ball gets Aubrey in the face. "Ah, shit," Y/N says, jogging over to Aubrey as she lays in goal, her hands over her face.

-
Y/N
-

"Aubrey, are you okay?" I ask, resting my hand on my teammate's forearm.

"Ugh, yeah."

"I'm so sorry." I say and Aubrey looks up at me, taking the hand I offered her to help her up.

"You're good." She says as Ash takes her over to the trainers, so I get my ball and get into the center line.

"You're too nice." Alex says and I chuckle.

"Okay, Morgan, I don't take joy in taking keepers out." I say and pause for a moment. "I'd rather take a certain Thorns midfielder out." I say, laughing as Alex rolls her eyes.

"That was so bad." Alex says and I shrug.

"What can I say? Ashlyn Harris is my roommate for everything." I say and Alex laughs.

"You're so right." She says and I nod.

-
Ashlyn
-

After training, Y/N disappears into the training room to get the tape off of her ankle, and she's still not back after I'm dressed, so I text her that I'll be waiting outside in the Jeep for her, so I can cool it off for us, and she takes twenty minutes to come out and get in the car.

"Sorry about that, Ash. Tom wanted to speak with me." Y/N says, opening her phone and responding to whatever she's responding to as I drive home. When we get home, we get out of the car and I lead Y/N into the house, since she was still glued to her phone.

"You texting Tobin or something?" I ask and Y/N hums, completely preoccupied.

"Yeah, yeah, sounds great, Ash." Y/N mumbles and I roll my eyes, making sure she gets to her room unharmed. After I get my own shower and get into some shorts and a tank top, I go relax on the couch, and look over when Y/N comes back out, in a sports bra and black shorts, heading right into the kitchen. "What do you want to stuff your face with?" She asks, glancing over her shoulder at me. "I'm starving." She groans out, opening the fridge.

"I actually want to talk." I say and Y/N sighs, closing the fridge and turning around, leaning on the island with her elbows, her hands folded.

"About?" She asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"The talk you had with Tom?" I say and she hesitates, pursing her lips and turning back to the fridge.

"So, lunch." She says and I furrow my brow, getting up and walking up behind Y/N, leaning my back against the island. "How about a...I got nothin'." She says before turning back around.

"Y/N, talk to me." I say and she hesitates.

"Do you want to eat out?" She asks and I sigh.

"Y/N Y/L/N." I say and she groans.