52

When I get back to the table, Y/N has finally been able to sit down at the table, and is sipping her drink while laughing at something someone says.

"Hey you." I say, sitting next to her, kissing her softly.

"Hilo." She says, drinking her drink as I let her put her feet up in my lap.

"Done for the night?" I ask and she nods, 

"Oh yeah." She says and I nod. "That's too much work after what we just did." Y/N says into her cup and I smile.

"And what would that be?" Both of our dads ask at the same time and Y/N chokes on her drink briefly before swallowing her mouthful. It was obvious what they were thinking.

"Uh, won the World Cup?" Y/N says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "We didn't have sex at the hotel, I got an ice bath with Carli, showered after, and took a nap, now I'm here, I don't know what Tobin did.

"I showered and took a nap." I say and she points at me.

"See?" Y/N says and our fathers raise their eyebrows.

"Y/N!" Ash yells from somewhere.

"Coming!" She yells before hopping up and scurrying off, leaving me to my own devices under the intense gaze of her father, my dad is my dad, I'm not scared of him. He can't scare me away from his daughter, that'd be weird.

"So you guys are telling the truth?" Ethan asks and I nod.

"I would never overstep such a boundary. Not until she's ready for me to."

-
Y/N
-

"What's up?" I ask Ash as I walk up next to her where she stands with Ali and her family.

"Ali and I wanna know if you wanna dance with us. Or if you'd just want to keep her family entertained."

"I got it." Kyle says and I look at him. "You three go have fun." He says and I sigh, tossing back the rest of my water, setting my cup next to Kyle and giving him the I'm watching you signal before letting myself be dragged out onto the dance floor again, this time, since I'm not with Crystal, I take it easy, and have fun, not that choreography isn't fun, but it's hard work.

-

After the party, I head up to the room with a very, very drunk Ashlyn Harris hanging off of me, once I'm inside, I toss her on my bed and sigh before pulling my shirt off and changing out of the skinny jeans I wore to the party, into the pair of shorts I napped in and chuckle as Ash wraps her legs around me.

"Cuddle me." She slurs and I turn to her.

"Let me go to the bathroom and I will." I say and she pouts, but releases me so I can go to the bathroom, and when I get out, I turn out the lights and crawl into my bed, chuckling as Ashlyn cuddles right up to me.

In the morning, I groan as I wake up, moving Ash's arm from off of my mouth and getting out of bed, grabbing my wallet and room key before heading to the vending machine for a bottle of water and down to the little shop the hotel has and get some Tylenol for Ash before going back up and setting the water and medicine on the night stand before packing up what isn't packed up, after a while, Ashlyn wakes up with a groan as I sit on the bed next to her scrolling through my phone.

"My-"

"Medicine and water are behind you." I say and Ash nods, turning over.

"You so A1." Ash says and I chuckle.

"So I've heard. Get up, get ready for recovery, it's in twenty." I say and Ash whines. "I'll meet you down there." I say and Ash huffs. 

"Fine." She says and I chuckle, leaving the room and heading down to recovery, where the whole team cheers.

"Tiny dancer!" Kelley yells out and I roll my eyes.

"I'm taller than you."

"But I'm older."

"But you're a squirrel."

"And you're a fish."

"Both of you are children." Mal says, pushing me into the pool. I surface and smile, pushing my hair out of my face.

"If I'm a child, then you're a fetus." I say and Mal shrugs before we all settle into a comfortable, focused silence as we go through our recovery routine, after, we wrap towels around ourselves and head up to breakfast with the reserve and subbed players.

"Tobin finally get you wet?" Sonnett jokes when she sees me wrapped completely in a towel, instead of just my waist.

"No, it was me." Mal says, slipping past us, sitting down at the table next to little Howell, she's back, but didn't play the entire tournament.

"Oh damn, Mal, stealing Tobin's girl." Sonnett says and I roll my eyes as I sit down after getting some breakfast, eating and listening to what everyone has to say during breakfast, jokes, and stories alike. After breakfast, we're given the day to pack up so we can fly home to the States. Landing in New York for the ticker tape parade, and then we can go and finish out our league seasons before the victory tour.

On the flight to New York, I sit with Tobin, of course, and I smile as she holds me close the entire time.

"You know, I'm proud of you." Tobin says in my ear half way through the flight.

"For what?" I ask and Tobin huffs a chuckle.

"You know." She says and I look over at her, knowing what she's talking about.

When we land, we all grab our bags from luggage claim, and get on the bus, settling in for the ride to the hotel, and settling into our rooms for our two day stay here. Media day today and tomorrow is the parade, so we have three hours to get ready for our interviews and everything.

"I just wanna sleep." Ash groans out as she falls onto my bed, across my feet as I text my family, letting them know I got to the States safely.

"Sorry. Could've told me you didn't want to win another world cup." I say and Ash smacks my leg. "Ow! What was that for?" I say and Ash looks up at me.

"Just because. Now get up and get ready." Ash says and I raise a brow.

"Get the fuck off of me so I can get up."

"Fine."

Countless interviews later, we are all finally back at the hotel, but not free to do whatever we want, we need to put our uniforms back on and do photo shoots for various different tabloids, websites, blogs, and shit like that, of course, the customary 'kiss the trophy' picture is taken out of the way first and foremost, though the picture of when Tobin and I tried to kiss after the trophy was presented to us, and Ash stuck the trophy between our faces, it's actually my lock and home screen. Ash's face was just too gold to crop out, I fucking love my best friend.

When I finish with my crap, I go up to mine and Ash's room and just die, you know, until someone wakes me up by jumping on my damn bed.