28

It's time for boot camp, and this time, Jill has us fly into New Mexico again. So Ash, Ali, Alex and I fly from Orlando, straight into Albuquerque before we get on our last flight to Roswell, yeah, the one with 'aliens', no idea why, it's just the flights Jill got for us, so when we land in Roswell, the entire team is there, of course, we're the last to show up, so once we show up, we pile onto the bus that was waiting for us and I sit in the middle of the bus, on the left, next to a window, but look over as the seat beside me is claimed and smile at Mal.

"Tobin was moving too slow. I stole her spot." Mal says and I chuckle.

"Not surprising. Hi bus buddy." I say, giving Mal a hug.

-

When we get to where we'll be staying for the three weeks we're here, we all look at Jill as if she's lost her mind.

"Okay, first off. Where the hell are we, second, why are we at a casino, and third, I saw no place for us to train on our way here." Pinoe says and we all voice our agreements.

"We're in Ruidoso, we're here because this is the only hotel with actual security. No gambling, those that aren't 21. Actually, no gambling period. We're here to prepare for France and we don't get paid enough to waste money like that anyway."

"So what if we get bored?"

"There's golf," Syd and Kelley snort. "Paddle boats, and a zip line, and inside we've got an arcade you can spend time in, as well as a pool and fitness center that Dawn wants you all in as soon as you've settled into your rooms. Let's go check in and get our room assignments." Jill says and we all follow her inside, she checks us in and then tells us our room assignments. "Carli, you're with Y/N." Jill says and I laugh as Carli tosses her arm around my shoulders. "Tobin is with Ashlyn, Alex is with Kelley, Syd and Pinoe, ARod and Kling," Jill lists on as the room key for mine and Carli's room finally reaches us, so I take a key and she takes one. "If you've got your key, head on up to our floor." Jill says, so Carli, Tobin, Ashlyn and I all head to the elevators. After a little bit of searching of course, when we get to the eighth floor, we go to our rooms, and Carli looks at me as we get into ours.

"Door or balcony?" She asks and I toss my bag on the bed closest to the door.

"Guess that answers my question." Carli says and I laugh as Carli huffs.

"Let's go get our kits." She says and I nod.

"Lead they way, oh mighty Lloyd." Say and laugh as Carli smacks me upside the head.

"You're so annoying. I don't know why we're friends." Carli says as we leave our room, heading to the kit room that Jill said would be in the Women's locker room down on the second floor where the pool is.

"You love me." I say as we get onto the elevator.

"Yeah I guess." Carli says and I chuckle.

"I love how conveniently placed the kit room is today."

"Only time that'll happen this year." Carli says as we step off the elevator, heading to the right of the elevator, following the USWNT signs taped to the preexisting signs, when we get into the locker room, our kits are sorted alphabetically, name tags taped to the lockers, so Carli and I change into our kits as some of the others arrive and Ash huffs.