3

The next day at practice, I sigh as I stand off to the side watching the team as they practice, but catch the ball that comes at me off of Tobin's shin pad.

"No killing the gimps, Heath, that's adding insult to injury." I say as I roll the ball back to Tobin, who goes right back to practicing.

-

After I'm released to play again, I walk out onto the pitch barefoot with my cleats, socks and shin pads in my hand as I walk to the bench, I sit down and put everything on before tying my cleats and take the ball by the bench and spend time practicing on my own. I may have only missed two practices, but it felt like an entire season had passed. As I'm running down the pitch from end to end, I jump when I hear someone speak.

"If you wanted to train, you could've called me." They say as I turn to them.

"Oh, hey Alex. I didn't call because I thought you'd like to just relax. I'm fine on my own."

"Until you break something." Alex says and I sigh, knowing just how right she is.

"Then join me." I say and Alex shrugs, so I pass her the ball.

-

A couple months later, as I lay in my shared hotel room as Morgan, I look up at her.

"Come on. Coach wants us on the pitch in a half hour."

"Exactly a half hour."

"The team left three hours ago."

"And we didn't."

"Get up. I'll be waiting in the lobby." Morgan says before leaving, so I sigh and get up so I can get dressed and head down to the lobby to meet with Morgan again even though she's mean.

-

During boot camp, I grunt as I hit the ground after Tobin slide tackles me and take the helping hand from Carli as she helps me up.

"You good?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. She hit the ball this time instead of me. I'm jus dizzy." I say and Carli chuckles.

"Go take a breather. I'll go in for you." Carli says and I nod before taking a seat on the bench, and look at the trainer as she kneels in front of me.

"Yo. You must be new." I say, holding my hand out to her. She chuckles and shake it.

"My name is Danielle. It's nice to meet you, Y/N, I studied at UGA as well, I was just never in the training room when you were in there."

"Such a shame. You're cute as fuck." I say and she blushes, not sure if it's because she's uncomfortable or if it's because she likes me, but I'll take it because damn, Danielle. She laughs before looking at me.

"Are you okay from that fall?"

"Oh, yeah. Just had to take a breather while my up decided it was up and my down decided it was down." I say and Dani nods before handing me a full bottle of ice cold water, so I drink it as she walks off to Jeff.

-

After practice, as Moe and I get into our room, we both peel off our shirts before proceeding to fight over the dibs on the shower, which I won, so I smirk smugly at my teammate as I head to the bathroom to shower and head back out when I finish and get dressed as Morgan gets her shower.

-
Morgan
-

I sigh as I walk out  of the bathroom drying my hair with my towel and chuckle as I see Y/N sprawled out across the bed she chose and cover my teammate up before getting dressed and joining her in the land of sleep.