26

Ashlyn
-

I groan as I wake up drenched in sweat and an intense heat pressed against my back, so I turn to look at the heat source and furrow my brow to see Y/N laying behind me, dead asleep, so I turn over and gently shake her awake, after a few shakes, she comes to with a sneeze, turning and burying her face in my chest, whining and groaning.

"Little Fish, are you okay?" I ask and she rolls onto her back groaning.

"Sharky, I'm cold." Y/N complains and I sigh, feeling her burning forehead.

"You're burning up, Fish." I say and she pouts, pulling the covers over herself and scooting closer to me, so I reach behind me and check the time on my phone. Two in the morning is what my phone tells me, so I sigh but call Paul, Dawn, Jill, and Tobin. All four show up at the same time and Paul takes Y/N's temperature, 103, he pulls her from boot camp and Jill excuses me from practice tomorrow so I can take Y/N to her parents. Right this minute, of course, Tobin comes with and Dawn just stays quiet. Really thought she'd have more to say.

"Got her bags." Tobin says, putting them. In the back of the taxi I called us, we climb in and Tobin hands Y/N her stuffed shark and holds Y/N while I tel the driver where to go after Y/N mumbles it. When we get there, Tobin gets out with Y/N asleep in her arms and I grab Y/N's bags from the trunk, following Tobin to the front door, I knock because Tobin is holding precious cargo and after a minute, the door opens, since Tobin was off to the side, the man glares at me. Or squints. Not really sure.

"Can I help you?"

"Uh, Mr. Y/L/N?"

"Yeah?"

"I've got your daughter here. She's sick. She's been pulled from camp. We need to take her to your family's physician in the morning. My name is Ashlyn Harris, I'm Y/N's best friend, and you know Tobin." I say, gesturing to my right, where Tobin stood.

"Come in. And call me Ethan, would you? Mister makes me feel old." He says and I nod, Tobin follows him to Y/N's room and comes out behind Ethan. "Thank you guys for bringing her home. You can go."

"We were released from practice tomorrow to make sure everything is okay with her. If we go back, everyone will kill us. Her best friend and her girlfriend not staying. By her side?"

"Alright. There's the couch, Y/N might be nice and share, and then there's the guest room. Lydia's room is off limits. Her rules."

"I'll go see who Y/N wants." Tobin says and disappears, coming back a bit later pointing me. "She wants Sharky. I'm Toby, so I can only assume you're Sharky."

"Yup." I say, jogging to Y/N's room.

-
Tobin
-

Ethan shows me to the guest room and wishes me a goodnight after I thank him, so I crawl into bed and let myself fall back asleep.

In the morning, I groan as I wake up to an intense heat against my neck, chest, and the rest of the front of my body, so I look down and smile a little when I see Y/N dead asleep on my chest, mouth wide open, drooling slightly, so I kiss her forehead and look over when someone clears their throat to see Y/N's mom smiling at me.

"I can get her off of you." She says and I shake my head, rubbing her back a little as she stirs. "I've called the doctor, she's got an appointment at nine. Ethan said you and Ashlyn can use his car to get her there." She says and I smile.

"Tell him I said thank you."

"No need, Ashlyn is down there still thanking him. There's breakfast in the kitchen when you can escape her." Frances says and I chuckle a little as Y/N slips her hot ass hands up under my shirt, resting them on my stomach and back and cuddling closer. "I'll bring a cold wash cloth." She says before disappearing, a few minutes later Ash appears and places a wet wash cloth on Y/N's neck and I tense as some of the water seeps through my shirt.