19

I sigh as I leave the locker room ready for practice, but stop when I see the fans.

"You good?" Julie asks, walking past me and I nod.

"Yeah, I just didn't know that this was going to be a public session." I say and Julie smiles, tossing her arm around my shoulder, walking with me to the bench.

"Did our fans scare you?"Julie teases and I roll my eyes at her.

"I didn't expect them, that's all."

"So they scared you."

"No, I was just caught off guard."

"Scared." Julie says and I jump on her back, laughing as we fall to the ground and just keep my legs wrapped around her as she struggles to get up.

"I wasn't scared." I say, laughing with Julie as she tries to pry my legs from around her.

"Okay, you weren't scared, let me go." Julie says and I shake my head as she lays her head back on my stomach, looking at me upside down.

"No." I say and squeal as Julie hops up from the ground with me still wrapped around her, so I just wrap my arms around her shoulders and hang on for dear life as she runs off with me. "Kelley!" I yell out when I see Kelley and she looks up. "Help!" I say and she laughs before grabbing me as Julie passes and pries me off of Julie, so I just fall to the ground and glare at Julie as she walks over to me and bends over me, looking at me with a smirk on her face.

"You should've let go when I said to." She says and I roll my eyes at her as I get up and walk with her and Kelley over to the rest of the team as some fans squeal about what just happened.

"Y/N!" A fan squeals out and I look to my left, to where the voice came from and smile at the girl who waves enthusiastically, waving back at her, chuckling a little as she freaks out before turning my attention to Tobin who calls my name. "What's up?" I ask and she points to Alex.

"She's been yelling at you for a bit." Tobin says, handing me a bottle of water, I take it as I pass Tobin and jog over to Alex, who wraps me in a hug .

"Hey there." I say, laughing as I reciprocate the hug.

"Hey," Alex says and I step from the hug, laughing as she takes the bottle from me.

"What's up?"

"Oh, you wanna warm up with me?" Alex asks and I nod. "Cool, I'll go get a ball." Alex says before lightly pushing me backward, and I laugh, letting myself fall back before sitting up and resting my forearms on my knees as I wait for Alex, looking over when I feel someone sit next to me to see Ashlyn.

"What's with me and getting more attention than usual today?" I ask and Ashlyn chuckles a little.

"Nothing is different," Ashlyn says as a fan yells a proposal at Tobin that I laugh at. "Aside from the fans, the other public sessions we've had while you were on the team, you were sick for." Ashlyn says and I shrug.

"Makes sense."

"Get used to it."

"I am used to it though." I say and she smiles.

"Good." She says before disappearing as a ball lands in my arms and I look up to see Alex smirking at me.

"Your girlfriend is engaged to a fan now." Alex says and I chuckle. "She's got an athletic tape ring and everything." Alex says and I roll my eyes as I toss her the ball and get up as she levels the ball with her foot.

"Guys!" Ashlyn yells out and I look over at her to see her in goal, so I look at Alex, nodding when she nods at me, so I jog onto the pitch and watch the cross Alex sends me and make a run toward Ashlyn, who looks like she's ready to take my feet out, so as I get into the box, I look down at the ball to make sure I don't kill myself and back up at Ashlyn as she comes out a little and dribble around her before scoring on her, laughing with her as she comes over and high fives me before hugging me.