11

I groan as I roll on the ground and get up off the ground, rolling the ball back to Tobin, of course, it bounces a tiny bit as it rolls, but it'll take me a bit to get my roll back to being almost flawless. It's been a while, the only time I've spent in goal since high school would be the times I was literally pushed into the goal during a game. That's it. Now I'm supposed to represent my country in goal? Oh how Jill has made a mistake.

"Come on Y/N, you can get it." Ashlyn says and I sigh.

"I know I can, but it's been three hours since I was made a goal keeper again. Give me a few weeks to get back into the swing of it. I haven't worn Keeper gloves in five years." I say and look between Ashlyn and Tobin. "Stop looking at me like that." I say and they share a look.

"Are you okay?" They ask and I huff. "You've been acting strange since Jill moved you."

"I'm fine, let's just practice." I say and they sigh, but comply with my request.

-

Later that night, as I'm laying in bed, reading, the door to my hotel room opens and in walks Jaelin, I just huff a little and go back to reading.

"Hey." Jaelin says, and I stay quiet. If you don't have anything nice, don't say it at all. "Uh, okay? I was thinking of going to get some food, wanna join?" Why? So you can steal my plate and eat off of it? Fuck that. I look Jaelin in the eyes and shake my head before going back to reading.

"Have fun eating alone." I mumble before going out on the balcony to keep reading.

On gameday, I sigh as I sit on the bench and bounce my knee, watching as my spot on the pitch is filled by Jaelin.

"Are you okay?" Mal asks and I shake my head.

"No. I should be playing at central mid with Kling, not the rookie."

"Hey, you're a rookie too." Carli says and I raise an eyebrow.

"She's barely finishing her junior year of high school, am I really that much more of a rookie than she is? She's eight years younger than I am." I say and Carli sighs.

"Are you saying that I should be U-20?" Mal asks and I sigh, remembering that she's only 18.

"No, you've graduated high school, I'm not sure Jaelin has."

"I get that you're upset." Carli says.

"Do you really? You were never demoted to a position you hated." I say and Carli sighs.

"Maybe you'll like it this time."

"I quite enjoy running around like an idiot."

"For you it's just running around." Moe chimes in and I roll my eyes.

"I know. But I like running around like a mad man." I say and sigh as Carli is told to go in for Jaelin. "I could've gone in for her, let Carli rest longer. But no, I'm a keeper now." I mumble to myself before getting up and walking past Jill on my way to the locker room.

"Where are you going?"

"To take a piss." I say and keep walking, not waiting for any further comment from Jill, when I get into the locker room, I change out of the uniform that I'm not going to use and go to the bathroom because I wasn't lying to Jill, I really have to piss. Once I was done with that, I walked out of the locker room as I dried my hands and tossed the paper towel in a trashcan next to the locker room door and go stand with the ATs, cuz they're fun this year, the USWNT fired Dani in the off season for some reason, but I didn't mind, I'm sure that if I saw her face, I'd smack her so hard her descendants 5000 years from now would feel it. After a while, I sit back down on the bench and Jill looks at me.