5

Tobin
-

On our flight to Colorado for boot camp, I'm sitting next to Y/N, and of course, Alex gives me a smug little grin because she's sitting across the aisle from us.

"You look comfy." Alex says and I sigh, looking over at Y/N to make sure she's listening to music, and she is, her head leaned against the window, gazing out. I turn back to Alex and shake my head. "Well, it's a direct flight. Get comfy." Alex says laying back and I sigh, settling into my own seat before putting my own music on and relax for the entire flight, well, as comfortable as I can get next to Y/N.

After an hour, I look over at Alex to see her asleep, and look over at Y/N to see her crying, so I pause my music and rest a hand on her shoulder tentatively, stopping when she flinches away from me.

"Y/N." I say and take her right earbud out of her ear. "Y/N." I repeat and she tenses. "What's wrong?" I ask and she doesn't respond, so I shake Alex awake because I have no clue what to do, plus we don't even like each other, so that kinda hinders everything.

"Sit in my seat, Tobs. I'm staying here for her." Alex tells me, so I sit down and try to relax again, but find it difficult because of how worried I am. I hate Y/N and she hates me. Why am I so worried about her. Because you like her. Romeo. My subconscious that looks and sounds like Alex tells me, and I sigh. I'm supposed to hate her. I'm supposed to hate Y/N Y/L/N, so why don't I? Because I'm an idiot. That's why. "Tobin, we're here. Come on. Y/N is waiting with Hope." Alex says and I get up to grab my bags before following Alex off of the plane and to our two teammates.

At the hotel, I'm roomed with Christen and Alex is put with Hope while Y/N is put with Kelley. I know because Kelley and Y/N's room is right across from mine and Christen's room.

"Hey, Tobin, most of the team is going down to the pool, wanna come?" Christen asks and I shrug.

"Yeah, why not." I say and Christen nods before leaving, because she was already in a bikini, so I changed into my own before meeting some of the girls out in the hall and walked with them to the elevator to take us to the pool.

As I'm floating in the pool, I hear the girls cheer and I look up to see Alex walking in, dragging Y/N behind her.

"Alex, no, I don't line this swim suit." Y/N says as she used her free hand to cover her stomach.

"Y/N/N, you're beautiful, just come on."

"Alex, no, I don't feel comfortable." Y/N says and I get out of the pool and grab the shirt I brought to put on after I got out so I don't freeze my ass off on the way back to the room and walk over to Y/N, I give her a small smile and she stares back at me.

"Here. Put this on." I say, holding the shirt out to her, she takes it from me and continues to stare at me. "I don't want to see your body anyway." I say to emphasize the fact that I don't like Y/N Y/L/N despite what my brain fucking thinks. I go back into the pool and relax again for a while before going back to the room. When I get to the room, I shower and change before deciding to go out on the balcony the room has to look out at the city.

-
Alex
-

After Tobin left, I decided to follow her and see what her deal was, what she said to Y/N was uncalled for. When I get to her room door, I knock and wait, after a few seconds, the door opens and Tobin lets me in.

"What's up?" Tobin asks and I raise a brow at her.

"What you said to Y/N is what's up."

"Oh. What about it?"

"That was fucking rude." I say and Tobin sighs.

"I know."

"Then why'd you say it."