6

Tobin
-

I sigh as I take a pass from Kling as we walk to the bench after practice, and she nudges me, walking right next to me.

"Hey, chin up man. Y/N will be in town next week for the game." Kling says, and I sigh. "I'm sure she'll be happy to see you again." Kling says and I shrug. I told Kling about the thing with Y/N, because after Coach told us about Alex and Y/N transferring to Orlando, I wasn't playing right, so I told Kling and she promised to keep quiet about it, and she has so far. It's just nice being able to talk to someone about Y/N without talking over the phone, or over Skype, because Alex and Y/N are actually living together, mostly because Y/N was too lazy to find her own house, but Alex doesn't seem to mind living with Y/N, I know I wouldn't mind it.

"Still, it's not the same without Y/N to yell at me and mock me for my mistakes." I say and Kling chuckles a little.

"She wasn't very nice to you, was she?"

"Well, I mean, she did think I hated her guts."

"And who's fault was that?"

"Mine." I say as we sit on the bench.

"Are you ever going to make a move?"

"Probably not."

"Why?" 

"Because she probably doesn't feel the same way."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because her and Danielle have been talking the entire off-season."

"How do you know?"

"Look at Danielle. She's on the phone with Y/N right now."

"How-"

"Hey, Tobin!" Danielle yells out and I look over.

"Yeah?"

"Y/N says you suck!"

"She sucks too!" I yell back and look at Kling.

"Well then."

"Yup." I say and walk with Kling to the locker room when Coach calls practice.

-
Y/N
-

"Y/N, come on, get up, we're here." I hear, feeling Alex shake me.

"Ugh, I'm awake, I just have a headache. Leave me alone. Stop yelling."

"I'm talking normally."

"Yelling is rude, Morgs."

"Come on." Alex says, dropping my backpack into my lap. "Are you sure you brought the right bag?" Alex says and I sigh, pulling my purple jersey out.

"Fucking positive." I say and Alex sighs.

"Alright, now come on, Meghan is here to pick us up. Are you sure you want to stay with her and not with me?"

"I'm sure," I say, getting up and slinging my bag over my shoulder as I follow Alex to luggage claim to get our bags before we go meet up with Meghan. "You and Serv probably want some time to catch up and maybe something more." I say, nudging Alex with my shoulder, laughing as I'm pushed to the side.

"Y/N, shut up, you know we don't do that."

"Yeah, sure," I say as I see Kling, I smile and go hug her and she laughs, hugging back.

"Hey guys." Meghan says, accepting a hug from Alex as well. "Come on, I've got Tobin in the car, she and I were on our way to get some food when Alex texted." Meghan says and I smile a little.