39

I sigh as I get out of bed and get out of bed, getting ready for practice as Ash yells at me from the kitchen.

"I'm coming! Chill!" I yell as I check my kit bag to make sure I have everything; cleats, socks, training kit, shin pads, my phone, shades, keys.

"Hurry up! I will eat your waffles!" Ash yells and I groan, tossing the bag onto my shoulder, heading into the kitchen and glaring at Ash.

"I'll fight you if you touch my waffle."

"Good morning to you too, sunshine." She says and I roll my eyes, stuffing my face before washing my plate after I've emptied it. "So we takin separate cars today?" Ash asks and I nod.

"I haven't touched that car since I got it." I say and Ash pouts. "You can ride with me I you want." I say and she shrugs.

"Nah. Let's go." She says and I nod, following her out of the house, to our cars, we get in the driver's seats at the same time and I toss my kit bag into the passenger seat, turning on the Jeep as Ash does the same to hers and pair my phone to the Bluetooth in the stereo, playing Party by Chris Brown as I back out of the driveway once Ash is down the street and drive to practice, parking next to Alex as Say It plays, I turn off the Jeep and grab my phone and kit bag before getting out, and locking the Jeep as I walk with Ash, Ali and Alex into the locker room where we get ready for training.

"So we've got a little over a month before our season and home opener against Portland." Tom starts as we all stand around him before training officially starts. "We're here for three hours today, let's make these three hours matter." He says before releasing us to train. Half way through practice, Alex, Danica, Toni and I are all called over to goal so we can help Ash and Aubrey in goal as we work on our striking.

"You'd think that as professional Strikers we'd have this on lock." Dani jokes and I nudge her.

"Hey, I'm 27, and I'm still getting used to this life thing." I say before rushing to level a cross from Dani and striking it to Ash, who of course saves it. "At least make me look challenging." I joke to Ash before going to the back of the line with Alex.

-
Tobin
-

I groan as I get up after getting tackled by Allie.

"You good?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. Just a little turned around." I say before getting back into training.

-

After training, we all head into the locker room in an exhausted silence, and I check my phone before bothering to change and I smile at the response I got from Ash, who was helping me surprise Y/N. After I get home from training, Sonett is supposed to come over and get Sortzen for me so I can fly to Orlando to spend a couple of days with Y/N. Ash texted me yesterday while Y/N was off doing her own thing when they were both at the gym and told me about the rough night Y/N had with nightmares, and suggested I pay them a visit for the three days off Mark gave the team. Ash texted me during practice saying that Y/N had gone shopping with some of the girls and wouldn't be back for a while, but she'd be home before I landed, and was guaranteed to fall asleep before I'd get to their house. Which is a good thing because I want to surprise Y/N by sitting in the kitchen when she goes for food. Fool proof. I set my phone to the side and get changed before heading home so I can pack for my trip, and waiting for Emily when I finish. When Emily arrives, she takes Sortzen and disappears while I put the Rover in the garage and make sure both of Y/N's cars are secure in the garage and lock up the house on my way out to my car so I can head to the airport.

-

When I land in Orlando, I take my bag and head to where Ashlyn said to meet her, when I see her, I walk over and hug her before walking with her to her black Jeep, which usually has some of Y/N's stuff in it, but doesn't this trip.