43

World Cup time. Finally. Well, not exactly, the national team has just gathered for elimination rounds, we won those, so now we just have our send off series, then a media day in New York before we fly to France to test our luck for our fourth star.

"We did it in 95 and 99, we can go back to back again with 2015 and this year." Carli says as we all sit in the conference room. "We just need to play every game like it's do or die, because frankly that's what they are." Carli continues and I sigh an exhausted sigh, smiling as Tobin rubs her thumb against my hand.

After that meeting, we're released to go do our own thing for dinner, but all I want to do is sleep. Ash and I were up most of the night doing laundry and making sure we were packed up for the rest of this competition, not just the main tournament, since we had a few days to go home and do exactly that. We were roommates, so we didn't have to worry about noisy roommates. We were in Colorado, and it was a pretty chilly night, so I could already count on waking up to my best friend in my bed if I wake up in the middle of the night for a drink or if I had to take a piss. I didn't really mind though, Ash is a damn good cuddler, Tobin is, of course, better, but it's not like I'm biased or anything, definitely not.

"What do you want to do for dinner, babe?" Tobin asks and I sigh, pouting a little.

"Can I take a rain check? I'm really tired. I just want to sleep at this point." I say, smiling when Tobin kisses my temple, walking me to my hotel room door. I open the door and turn to Tobin, kissing her softly.

"Get some rest, baby." Tobin says and I sigh, closing the door and walking to my bed, tossing myself onto it and getting under the blankets. After a while, I hear Ashlyn come in and smile a little as I feel her cuddle up with me, her body heat being the missing piece to tonight's sleep puzzle.

"Next time, we do our laundry on time like responsible adults." Ash mumbles and I nod.

"Agreed. Now shut up. We're tired." I mumble back before falling asleep.

-
Christen
-

I look around the table at breakfast and furrow my brow when I see Tobin with the same facial expression, she notices me and I nod at her, silently asking what was wrong.

"Where are The Twins?" Carli asks as Tobin opens her mouth to speak. "They're usually down here by now loving up on Ali and Tobin." Carli continues and we all share a look.

"Who wants to break into their room to see if they're dead or sick or fighting?"

"Their room has been silent since I woke up. They aren't fighting." Pinoe says and we all stay quiet.

"How much do I get to go get a key?" Syd asks and Kling pulls out her wallet.

"$50 bucks if they give it to you without question."

"If they question?"

"Twenty five. Two bucks for trying if they refuse you." A Rod says and Kling rolls her eyes.

"No. She doesn't get shit if she gets refused." Kling says and I sigh.

"I'll do it." Syd says, getting up and Tobin groans.

"I've gotta see this." Tobin mumbles as she gets up, following Syd out and to the front desk, so I decide to follow as well for curiosity's sake.

"Hi." Syd says to the girl behind the desk.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" She asks and Syd sighs.

"I lost my room key. Can I get a new one?"

"Of course. What room is it?"

"Uh, 351." Syd says and the lady nods, grabbing a key card, swiping it through the magnetization machine thing and hands Syd the key. "Thank you very much." Syd das before walking back over to us. "Up to their room I go."