21

I grin a little at all the girls that have come out with Ash and I to surf on the first day that we're here in Orlando for boot camp and let myself fall into the water before swimming over to my board and get back on as Tobin paddles over, laughing a little.

"What was that squeal as you fell?" She asks and I shrug.

"My foot slipped and I didn't expect it." I say, and she smiles.

"It was cute." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up and surf." I say and she smiles wider before paddling away as I go over to Ashlyn, who was calling me from the shore, when I get there, she takes my board and puts it next to hers when I say that I'm done for the day before sitting with her after getting out of my wet suit and into a tank top and shorts, just talking with Ash as we watch the rest surf.

"You weren't kidding when you said you weren't good." Ash says, nudging my shoulder with hers and I laugh a little.

"Thanks, Ash, feeling the love, like, I'm overwhelmed with the love from one of my best friends." I say and Ashlyn hugs me to her side before pulling me over with her as she lays in the sand and I laugh as I try to slip from her grasp.

"Stop trying, I can hold onto a ball from Caril, you aren't going anywhere." Ashlyn says and I sigh, stopping my fight and hugging Ashlyn back before we sit up again. "You looked like you were having a good time out there though." Ash says and I shrug.

"I usually do have a good time out in the water. But I'm not like you and the rest. I got into it in college and never really did it unless I was near water and a board and that was hardly ever, and soccer and dance on top of that?"

"Right, you danced too."

"Woah, bro, are you shading my craft?" I ask and Ash smiles at me.

"No, never." Ash says and rests her head on her shoulder, sighing and looking up at me with a dreamy expression in her eyes, smiling, so I roll my eyes and push my friend off of me. "Don't be like that, baby." Ash says, laughing and I laugh too, pushing her away again as she tries to wrap her arms around my waist.

"Don't make me text Ali." I say, reaching over and grabbing my phone, using my foot to keep Ash from grabbing me.

"Okay, I'll stop." Ash says as Kelley comes out and puts her board with ours, looking at us and shaking her head.

"I have such weird friends." Kelley whispers, stepping over me on the way to the car to change most likely.

"Whipped." I say to Ash as she sits, her hands in her lap, staring at them with mock seriousness.

"Am not." She says and I laugh.

"Shut up you're so whipped."

"Oh, and you aren't?" Ash asks and I put a hand on my chest, faking offense as I scoot away from her.

"Fuck you, Harris." I say and Ash manages to grab my ankle.

"Get back here, you love me." She says and I sigh, nodding.

"It's hard not to love an idiot like you." I say and she smiles, hugging me.

"Damn right." She says, releasing me from the hug as I smile and check my phone for any missed calls or anything and furrow my brow when I see a call from both my mom and Lydia, a massive amount of texts from both, I don't bother with the texts and call Lyd, and then mom when Lyd doesn't answer, getting up and walking over to the car, where Kelley is just barely putting a tank top on, and sit in the back of Ash's jeep as my mom picks up.

"Y/N?" Mom asks and I furrow my grow again.

"Mom? What's up? I've missed some calls and texts from you and Lyd."