30

Y/N
-

I groan as Christen gets past me yet again as I fall to the ground because girl has some footwork, and get up when Julie, who was shifting up with the ball comes and helps me up, patting me on the back as I thank her, jogging up to position. Christen crosses the ball, but Ash catches it and punts it up field, so I call the ball and trap it on my chest, dropping it to level it with my foot , chipping the ball over McCaffrey as she tries to defend me, watching Kristen take the ball, running with it for a bit before looking up as she sends a ball over head to Alex, who levels the ball as she runs, beating the back line as I haul ass to offer support, finishing her cross and getting the ball past Alyssa.

When the ball is back in play, I defend Christen and get my foot on the ball as she tries to meg me, hopping over her leg as I follow the ball, keeping possession as I pass up Jasmyn, running a little behind her as she heads up the right wing, she crosses it, but it comes toward me because she did it in a hurry, so I make my way to the left wing before crossing it in to Kristen, who heads it into Alyssa's gloves, I groan a little, but jog over to Kristen and high five her. Because that was a damn good effort. When Alyssa punts the ball, Ali traps the ball, dropping the ball to level it before passing it to me, so since I don't have any support yet, I take the ball up field myself, getting myself past the back line, and into a 1 v 1 with Alyssa, but side foot the ball off my useless ass left foot to Alex as Alyssa keeps her focus on me a second to long, and jump into Alex's arms after the ball hits the back of the net.

After this last kick off, the rest of the half was uneventful, so we went into half time with a score of 2-2, As Ash and I sit in front of the team, I wipe the sweat from my face with my jersey before drinking the ice cold water Merritt passed out to the starters as we came into the locker room.

"Guys, don't give up. Yeah, we're tied." I say after swallowing my mouthful of water, using the bottle to gesticulate the second sentence. "That doesn't mean shit. We've got 45 minutes left in this game to send ourselves to Portland so we can kick their asses. We want to win this championship, right?" I ask and everyone silently nods. "Because I know I do, that's why I came to this club, to help win you guys a championship. Show the nation that 'hey, Orlando Pride might be a new club, but we're fucking here to win, and we're starving. I want to put on this uniform next year with a star over this right here." I say, pointing to the crest over my heart.

"Yeah, guys. We've all worked so hard to be here, this is the farthest Pride FC has made it ever. So even if we don't win this game, or if we do win this game and head to Portland for the championship and lose that, you can still say that you were on a roster that made Pride history." Ash says from beside me and I nod.

"We can just make history, or we can make history and bring Orlando a championship." I say and look at my teammates. "What do we say?" I ask and smile as I get a loud as hell 'lets do this' in response.

-

In the second half, I'm up front with Alex like always and we high five each other as we watch Christen kick off the second half. The ball gets into our midfield, but Dani stops it, getting behind the ball and passing to me so I can make a run, which is exactly what I do, down the right wing before crossing into the box, waiting for Alanna to come jump on me after she scores and cheer as she jumps on me, wrapping her legs around my torso. Once she's back on her feet, we get back into our positions and fight for twenty minutes, and in the 68th minute, the ball is sent over head to me, a little too close to Alyssa, but I get the ball before Alyssa can and look over my shoulder to see Dani open, so I drop to her before adjusting my position, putting the ball in goal from the far post as Alex sends it to me, since Alyssa was out of goal, off of my left foot, as I tap it in when it bounces between my legs, sending it flying into the net behind my right leg, and into the back of the net, 4-2 with 22 minutes left in the game, so all of us who were close enough celebrate the goal briefly before getting ready for more.