42

When I wake up, Alex is laying in her bed, on her laptop, so I sigh as I get up and stretch.

"Morning." Alex says to me and I groan as my back pops.

"Morning."

"Hey, I'm caught up with my email, could you do me a-"

"I'm on it." I say, knowing she wants her coffee.

"Thanks, Y/N/N. Love ya."

"Only when I'm bringing you your coffee." I joke as I leave the room and go get her coffee, chuckling and apologizing as I bump into someone. "Shit, my bad. I'm sorry." I say, looking up from my phone to see Carli. "No I'm not." I say, laugh as Carli rolls her eyes at me. "Yes I am. I'll see you later, Car." I say, hugging her, huffing when she ruffles my hair before leaving as I go order Alex's coffee and decide to get some tea before heading back to the hotel, up to mine and Alex's room and hand her her cup as I walk between our beds, sitting on my bed with my tea as she continues with her email.

"Thank you." Alex says and I take a sip of my tea.

"No problem, anything for our Baby Horse." I say, laughing as a pillow hits me in the side of the head.

"Hey, you're the captain. You're supposed to be running through the halls yelling at the team about practice."

"Do I have to?"

"No, I just wanted to see if you'd do it." Alex says and I roll my eyes at her, getting up and heading to the door.

"I'm headed down for breakfast." I say before leaving, laughing as an arm is tossed over my shoulder and I'm pulled into someone's side.

"We both headed to breakfast?" Alanna asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say, walking with Alanna to the elevator, riding down with her and walking into the breakfast nook and making myself a Texas shaped waffle, rolling my eyes as I sit down with the team. "Just in case you didn't know you were in Texas, the hotel's waffles are coming in clutch to remind you." I say before I start eating. When Alex comes down, I had just finished, so I give her my seat because Tobin is calling, so I answer her call as i throw my plate and shit away, headed back up to the room with another cup of orange juice. "Hello?" I ask as I leave the breakfast nook.

"Hey babe." Tobin says through the phone and I smile at her happy tone.

"What's up, Toby?" I ask as I get on the elevator.

"Just wanted to call you and wish you good luck." Tobin says and I chuckle.

"Well thank you, babe." I say. "Are you watching?"

"Yeah, I don't have to clean the house today, so I won't be surprised this time." Tobin says and I chuckle as I go sit on my bed. "I love you." Tobin says and I smile wider than I already was.

"I love you too." I say.

"So what are you doing until game time?"

"Probably just going to relax. I usually have Ash to help me really prep for the game, but she's out. Everyone else wants to take it easy before kick off, so I might do that."

"Do you need someone to help?" She asks and I sigh. "I'll do it."

"From Portland, cute babe."

"Who said I was in Portland?"

"Tobin, I swear, if you found the hotel-"

"Hey, Y/N/N, Tobin is down in the lobby." Alex says, coming into the room and I sigh.