33

I sigh as I take a cross from one of the Varsity girls, leveling it, and sending it through to the starting Varsity striker. Karen has always liked the 4-5-1 formation, and it works for them, so why fix what isn't broken? She strikes the ball and I watch the JV goalie dive to save it, before pulling her to the side, calling Christen in to take my place and taking the new looking gloves Karen hands me, so I put them on and walk over to the empty goal that's on the JV end of the practice field.

"What did I do wrong?" The girl asks and I smile a little.

"You dove too slow." I say as Ash comes over, so I tell the girl to go stand by Ash and have Ash strike a ball at me before diving to save it. "You're trying to land gently, but landing gently is just going to cost you goals." I say and toss the ball back to Ash. I grab a ball and pass one to the girl. "What's your name again?"

"Jen."

"Well, Jen. Put that ball down and I want you to dive into it, ten times on each side." I say and she nods. "Ash?" I say and Ash sets the ball down before showing Jen what we're looking for. After ten minutes, Jen stands up and looks at us.

"One more set." Ash says and I nod.

"Yeah. You're doing better, just do this last set to really get used to it and we'll get you back in goal." I say and she nods before doing as we asked.

-

After practice, which ends at 6:30 on most days, 6 if everyone is doing great, 5 for pregame, I sigh as I lay on the bed, smiling as Tobin comes and lays with me, wrapping me in her arms.

"Day three down." Tobin says and I chuckle. "Of how many this week?"

"Karen sometimes schedules Saturday practices if there's a big game coming up, but since the only upcoming game is an exhibition match, we have Saturday off." I say and Tobin nods.

"How many Saturday practices did you have in high school?"

"Me personally? I practiced everyday."

"And you still found time for school and music?"

"Yeah. I'd wake up, go for a run, go to school, then to practice, then after practice, I'd go home and play music until I was so tired my eyes burned when I looked at my sheet music or my tabs." I say and Tobin chuckles. "I'm not kidding."

"Oh, damn." She says and I nod. "And you chose to do all that?"

"Hell yeah. Kept me busy, kept me out of trouble, kept my grades up."

"How?"

"Music can actually help a child's intelligence."

"How long did you do dance?"

"First grade to my freshman year."

"Wow."

"Don't pretend to be impressed."

"Not pretending, babe." Tobin says and I sigh, putting my forehead to her temple.

"I'm so tired." I say, closing my eyes and relax when I feel Tobin pull the blanket over us.

"You don't want to change into some pajamas?" Tobin asks and I sit up a little and pull my shirt off, tossing it to the side before cuddling into Tobin once again.

"Done." I say as Tobin chuckles.

-
Tobin
-

I smile as Y/N falls asleep before kissing her forehead. For a few moments, I just stare at the TV, it's off, but I don't care, I've got the love of my life snuggled into my side, fast asleep, her hand gripping the front of my shirt, her other wrapped around my shoulder, holding me as if I were a dream, that if she didn't hang on for dear life, I'd disappear. I smile a little to myself, glancing down at Y/N, silently laughing as her nose does the thing where it twitches when she's dead asleep. I hear a phone vibrate, so I reach over and grab it, turning the screen on and reading the text on the lock screen.