71

When we get back to the States, I'm taken into the team's orthopedist, and everything, partial tears in my knee, so I just need to rest up. If everything goes to plan that is. If not, I'll need surgery. Which is exactly what I want. Note the sarcasm.

"So? What'd she say?" Ash asks as she stands up in the waiting room, since she was the one that brought me.

"I'm six months pregnant and it's yours." I say, crutching my way past Ashlyn and to the door.

"That doesn't even make sense, we're at the orthopedist's office, not a-you know what, nevermind." Ash says, opening the passenger door for me and taking the crutches from me when I'm in the car. When Ash gets in the driver seat, she looks over at me. "Seriously though." She says and I sigh.

"The tears are partial, if all goes well, I'll just need rest, but if my unlucky ass gets, well, unlucky, I'll need surgery." I say and she nods, fousing on the road.

"So do you want me to drop you off at home or do you want to come to practice?" Ash asks and I groan.

"Just take me home." I say, resting my head on the window and staring at the traffic in front of us. Of course I feel Ashlyn's gaze on me, but I ignore it, only looking over at her when she sighs.

"Alright." She says before heading home to drop me off and when I'm at home, on the couch in the living room, she gives me a smile. "I'll be right back." She says and I sigh.

"I'll be right here, my crutches are across the room." I say and she nods, moving them to where I can reach them. "Go to practice, you goon." I say and she chuckles, leaving.

-
Ashlyn
-

"So how'd the appointment go?" Ali asks as we all sit at our usual table, eating before practice.

"Well, she was pretty talkative the ride to the appointment, and she refused to let me go in with her, and after she was kinda withdrawn, I'm kinda worried." I say and they just look at me, waiting for me to continue. "Her tears are partial, so she should just need rest, but she doesn't think that she'll be lucky enough to heal just like that." I say and they nod.

"You sound worried." Alex points out and I nod.

"That's because I am. This is Y/N we're talking about. She has a penchant for just dropping of the map at times like these."

"Well, we just need to make sure she knows that we've got her back." Ali says and I nod.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, I just hope she won't be her usual stubborn self and just shut us out."

-

After practice, all three of us head to the house to see Y/N coming back to the living room, most likely from the bathroom, and when she looks up at us, she waves a little before heading back over to the couch and laying back down.

"Hey guys." She says, sitting on the couch and setting the crutches on the floor in front of the couch as she gets comfortable.

"Hey you." Alex says, leaning over the back of the couch and wrapping Y/N in a hug.

-

It's been a few weeks since Y/N's orthopedist appointment, and she's still the same, withdrawn and moping around. I'm still worried, and the girls all think she's just hurting, the Pride and the National Team. Even Tobin is chalking her behavior up to pain, you'd think that after four years of being together, Tobin would know Y/N and how she behaves in certain ways.

"You guys don't get it." I say, shaking Alex and Ali's hands off of my shoulders as we sit at our post practice breakfast. "Y/N is acting weird as hell, and nobody is choosing to see it except for me." I say, getting up and heading into the locker room to get my things, not even bothering to change out of my practice gear and head home, expecting to find Y/N sulking on the couch with her leg up, but furrow my brow when I find the living room empty, so I set my bag down by the door, right next to Y/N's and check the kitchen to find that vacant as well. "She's asleep in her room." I tell myself, jogging toward her door, stopping when I find it open and her room void of my best friend as well, her Jeep was out front, though, because I have the keys so she won't try to run off, or drive with her ankle and knee in the condition they're in right now, but I guess it didn't work, so I rush to my bag and pull my phone out and call Alex, she of course answers on the third ring.