20

Tobin
-

I grin as I watch Y/N on the field, in my spot as I drink from the bottle that Sam handed to me as I took a seat next to her. Y/N had just scored a goal from the top of the box, and all she did was clap as Ali rushed to hug her, celebrating the assist and goal that they just got together, Y/N hugs back as Ali drops onto her feet as the game resumes with a kick off from Russia. Y/N zones right back into the game as soon as the ball is back in play, when a forward tries to get past her, she pops that foot out for a perfect tackle and the ball goes to Morgan, who runs with it until she can find an opening for a pass to Mal, so Mal can score off of it with a great volley.

"Tobin." Dawn and Jill say and I look over at them, watching as they wave me over.

"What's up?" I ask and they look at me and then at Y/N, who is playing like some kind of soccer god possessed her before the game.

"What did you do to her?" Dawn asks and I shrug,

"Nothing, why?"

"She's playing so much more aggressive than she usually does. I love it." Jill says and I shrug. 

"She must have been upset before the game or something, I'm not sure." I say and Jill sighs as Y/N gets yellow carded for a slightly late tackle, and argues with the ref about it while Carli tries to get her attention off of the call.

-
Y/N
-

I huff as Carli pulls me away from the ref and points me to my spot on the pitch.

"You're doing great today, Y/N/N, don't get sent off and suspended for Canada day after tomorrow, we need you for that game," Carli says and I sigh, nodding, because she's right, "what's gotten into you? You're so aggressive today." Carli says and I shrug. "Keep it up, kid, what ever is going through your head is working." Carli finishes and I nod as the girl that I fouled gets back up and shows that she's fine, so the game begins again and I play like that yellow card never happened, even though, I probably should, one more mistimed tackle and I'm gone for the week. When the ball is in the midfield again, Carli intercepts the ball and looks at me, so I jog into space and take the through pass that she sends me, sending the ball to my left to Mal while I move up into a better position and get the ball from Alex before sending the ball up to Press, who levels the ball before sending it into the back of the net. In the 73rd minute, the ball goes out of play, and subs are called, so I look over to see my number being taken off and being replaced with Sam's, so I jog to her and high five her as we switch places and go sit on the bench, drinking water as Dawn calls for my attention.

"Keep that up. I love seeing that mentality from you." Dawn says and i nod, a little out of breath as I take a drink from the ice cold bottle in my hand while Tobin reaches across Ash and Allie, so I give her my hand and squeeze hers gently when she does the same to mine.

"You did great out there." Tobin says as Allie gets up and walks over to get another bottle of water, so I scoot over when she calls for me to. Ash looks over at me and smiled.

"Yeah, Y/N/N, you were killing it out there."

"Almost killed that Russian mid, too." Allie says and I chuckle a little.

"She was just a little shaken up." I say and the girls shake their heads.

"She was down for two minutes."

"She's obviously never listened to Fifth Harmony. You've been down before, you've got up before, you'll be good to go." I say and Ashlyn chuckles.

"I like this savage Y/N, why isn't she always around?" Ash asks and I roll my eyes.

"Because savage Y/N shows up whenever the fuck she wants. And I really felt like winning this game." I say as Dawn calls my name.

"You want back in?" She asks and I nod. "You good to go back in?" She asks and I nod again. "Get warm then, Mal needs a sub." She says and I nod, hopping up and going to warm back up. Five minutes later, the fourth official holds up the board as I stand next to her and wait for Mal to come over, giving her a high five as we pass each other, patting her back as I jog to where she was standing a minute ago. The game restarts with a throw in and I shift up with Alex and Christen as a Russian mid attempts to make a run, and make a tackle, but a weak one, so I try again and get the ball this time, Alex rushes to the ball to keep possession while I run up the left wing and call for the ball before I get off sides and watch the ball, settling it with my foot behind the back line and sprint toward the goal, dropping two of Russia's back four before placing a great goal in the lower right ninety, taking off running as soon as the ball crosses the goal line and do the celebration as my last goal as Alex tackles me to the ground in a joyful hug. The rest of the game is pretty uneventful, which wasn't very long, maybe three minutes after my last goal, and when the final whistle blows, we all line up and shake hands before stopping to sign a few things and interact with the fans, and smile as a girl wearing a replica of Tobin's jersey asks for my autograph, kinda freaking out as I smile at her and take her sharpie and sign the replica jersey of mine.